[ksurf] board advice.

  • Michael Kassal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1999
      "I am looking forward to try these theories out today in 40 - 60 km wind

      I went out today in that same wind using 7.2 wave, 60m lines, 23 gusting to 30kts.  Yes it was fun!  at times I was flying from wave top to wave top.
      The lesson for today was the Fone230 is too much board in high wind.

      I understand the difference that a smaller board will allow me to sink deeper and edge easier, and that a smaller board will allow me to knife thru the chop easier........but what other characteristics should I be looking for a high wind board???  (I did not come from a windsurfing background)

      For example I hear talk about speed boards, wave boards, directional boards.

      Thanks in advance,

      -Mike.