[ksurf] Re: Harness choice

  • pkc@icok.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 1999
      mesbdav-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=5465
      > I'm just about to try kitesurfing for the first time (got a mate
      > putting some straps on an old surf-board for me), and I've got all the
      > kit except for a harness.
      >
      > I've done loads of buggying, jumping and bodydragging but usually
      > didn't bother with a harness (I share all my kit with my mates),
      except
      > occasionally using a rope tied between the two handles, around my back
      > - well sketchy!
      >
      > Anybody had any experience with the Peter Lynn backstrap - is it like
      > using a rope or does it have some kind of safety release system?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Saul
      >
      > PS - thanks for all the board conversion tips - my board's looking
      > pretty sweet and it cost me less than £100 - only hope I don't snap it
      > in two first time out!

      Hey Saul and everyone else,

      I got to pick up a seat harness made for kitesurfing at the Surf
      Expo, made by Bump and Jump
      Distributed here in the US by Murray Marine! Its a sweet rig, This one
      is built to fit really nice and not slide up on you and give you major
      Wedges!! So far so good with it!! Its the way its sewn that makes it
      fit so well!! He told me that it was made to work in the sit down mode,
      with your legs bent for which we all ride like anyway with the kite
      often pulling straight up, not standing and leaning out like the
      windsurfer ride hooked in!! So far feels and works great!!

      Contact Murry Marine for more info!!

      Jeff