[ksurf] Re: rubber fins

  • pkc@icok.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 1999
      burg-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=5472
      > I was checking out the new flexifoil site when i came accross a link
      > cris calthrops site www.k48.com, for those who dont know cris is a dam
      > good windsurfer who's made the change to kite surfing, having had a
      > nasty incident with landing on an upturned fin whilst out jumping said
      > he was thinking of using rubber tipped fins. the result of landing on
      > one of the higher aspect fins doesnt bare thinking about, has anyone
      > heard of fins like these or knows where to buy them? They sound like a
      > good idea when your first learning to jump and maybe when it gets
      realy
      > nasty. any ideas?

      Yeah those fins are called Pro Teck fins!!
      You can get them to fit just about any box know!
      While at the Surf Expo I hooked up with them about
      testing some of thier stuff. I believe the stiffer rubber
      models will work great. They also aid in Turn which lets the
      water flow around the trailig edge also!
      When I get my sets to try I'll let you know what I think!

      If you need to findout more about them let me know
      your local surf shop can get them , but usually don't
      carry the Future fins box style, or the big fins for the standard box.
      But should have FCS system in stock.!

      Jeff