AWAKE kite video

  • gorgekiteboarder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Last week I got the new "Awake" kiteboarding video.
      The latest kite mag had a brief review, but not too
      much info. Just in case anyone is wondering if it's
      worth buying, it definitely is! Even though almost all
      of the video is shot in Maui, there is a very good
      variety of riders, riding styles, and conditions. This
      video has more wave riding footage than any kite
      video to date. Full on down the line & off the lip stuff,
      with 360 arials, etc. Also, in junky side-on
      conditions, guys like Jack Webb are ripping UP the
      line harder than most people go down the line!
      Look for the shot of Jack Webb at Waddell, fully in
      the barrel (does he make it out after it closes out on
      him?). With the exception of the 2001 Waddell
      contest, nearly all of the footage is extremely recent
      and up to date. There seems to be a slight bias
      towards 2-line technical wakeboard style, but even
      so, there's still plenty of 4-line style riding (my
      favorite) with full sections devoted to Flash, Adam
      Koch, Mark Shin, and others. There is a 10MB
      preview available on their web site at:
      http://www.tronolone.com/Awaketrailer.mpeg
      If you right-click on this link, you can choose
      "save target as" to save the full mpeg to your
      desktop, so that you don't have to be connected
      every time you want to watch the video.

      Spencer
      Hood River
    • cfglazier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        > There is a 10MB
        > preview available on their web site at:
        > http://www.tronolone.com/Awaketrailer.mpeg

        That link to their trailer video didn't work for me, but this does:
        http://www.tronolone.com/index.html

        Chris G
      • stuvagas
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002