Re: [ksurf] Ocean Rodeo Kites

  • Mikael Lanoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2002
      I have been using the Ocean Rodeos for quite a bit now (16m, 12m and 9m). I
      am really satisfied with these kites.
      They jump extremly well. For exemple, when comparing the height and hangtime
      of the 12m (flat sizing) and a 2002 8.4 Wipi Airblast, the OR was noticably
      better.
      The range of these kites are also great. Comparable to all good 2002 kites.
      One thing that really impressed me with these kites is the turning speed.
      Especially on the 16m. I use a 20in longhorn on it, and it turns really
      fast, so it's easy to create lots of power in lower wind.
      The bar pressure is fairly high (comparable to a Cabrinha kite). Can be good
      or bad depending on your preference.

      They're also really well constructed and tough. I dropped the 9m in a tree
      this weekend and no damage at all (maybe I was lucky!)
      Lots of reinforcements everywhere its needed. Really efficient one way
      valves on all bladders. Other features: Multiple attachment point for the
      rear lines, dump valve for the main bladder, excelent kite bag (big with
      lots of straps... even one for the board)

      As you can see, I'm really happy about this product. Hope this helps.

      Mike Lanoe