Re: cabrina 9.4 too high in wind window

  • schreeve29
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
      thanks

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "zaluskim" <zaluskim@m...> wrote:
      > Make sure all your leaders are even middle same as outside lines.
      Connect
      > all your lines to the same knot at the kite and that should help.
      If you
      > have it set up this way and fly in the chicken loop then the kite
      will
      > respond very well, if you do not fly it in the chicken loop then
      the kite
      > will be too open and stall. This is how I and all my friends ride
      all of
      > our Black Tips.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • peter_frank_dk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
        Just out of curiosity - what does the question "too high in the wind
        window" mean ?

        The higher a kite sits in the window - the better performing it is
        (high AR kites sits very high in the window - and the 2002 Black Tip
        is very high AR).

        It (a kite that sits high in the window...) goes better upwind, has
        less resistance - flies fast, and jumps excellent.

        The downside is usually that it can luff in unstable winds, or stall
        backwards in light winds - but that is the price for performance !

        Or is it simply a trim question ???

        :-) Peter Frank

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
          definetly low wind, thanks for the help, luffing bad in the low