Re: [ksurf] cabrina 9.4 too high in wind window

  • zaluskim
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
      Make sure all your leaders are even middle same as outside lines. Connect
      all your lines to the same knot at the kite and that should help. If you
      have it set up this way and fly in the chicken loop then the kite will
      respond very well, if you do not fly it in the chicken loop then the kite
      will be too open and stall. This is how I and all my friends ride all of
      our Black Tips.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
        thanks

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "zaluskim" <zaluskim@m...> wrote:
        > Make sure all your leaders are even middle same as outside lines.
        Connect
        > all your lines to the same knot at the kite and that should help.
        If you
        > have it set up this way and fly in the chicken loop then the kite
        will
        > respond very well, if you do not fly it in the chicken loop then
        the kite
        > will be too open and stall. This is how I and all my friends ride
        all of
        > our Black Tips.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • peter_frank_dk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
          Just out of curiosity - what does the question "too high in the wind
          window" mean ?

          The higher a kite sits in the window - the better performing it is
          (high AR kites sits very high in the window - and the 2002 Black Tip
          is very high AR).

          It (a kite that sits high in the window...) goes better upwind, has
          less resistance - flies fast, and jumps excellent.

          The downside is usually that it can luff in unstable winds, or stall
          backwards in light winds - but that is the price for performance !

          Or is it simply a trim question ???

          :-) Peter Frank

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "schreeve29" <sschriever@j...> wrote:
          > thanks
          >

          > --- In kitesurf@y..., "zaluskim" <zaluskim@m...> wrote:
          > > Make sure all your leaders are even middle same as outside
          lines.
          > Connect
          > > all your lines to the same knot at the kite and that should
          help.
          > If you
          > > have it set up this way and fly in the chicken loop then the kite
          > will
          > > respond very well, if you do not fly it in the chicken loop then
          > the kite
          > > will be too open and stall. This is how I and all my friends
          ride
          > all of
          > > our Black Tips.

        • schreeve29
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
            definetly low wind, thanks for the help, luffing bad in the low