Re: [ksurf] bulletproof harness

  • skipfrommichigan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      This has nothing to do with harnesses but confirms Dwight's comments.

      We had a pretty big event two weeks ago in Grand Haven,MI. A local
      sponsored rider was getting some great waverides in 15-30 knots (not
      mph) winds on a 10 meter Aero. I took a break during the day and was
      surprised to find him in the tent with a ball of kitelines. His
      spreader bar (daKine) broke off! He was standing there with two
      aluminum nubbies left were his bar used to be.
    • oceanflowerr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
        I have been using a NAISH harness for 6 months now. Its still
        the same harness since I bought it new. Good luck bending that
        hook. Its not happening. Unless you weigh 350 and are out in 45
        knots with a 20M kite....go buy a NAISH harness.

        peace,
        JD.

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...> wrote:
        > There isn't one. They all have problems.
        >
        > On my 2002 Fusion both leg strap buckles broke during one
        bad wipe out. I ride shackled. The straps
        > holding the spreader bar are being cut. The stainless hooks
        holding the spreader bar have bent. I
        > have through bolted them to keep them from opening up. I use
        the Pro Limit bar on it. When my leg
        > straps broke, I went back to my old Pro Limit kite seat. It felt like
        I was edging against a skinny
        > belt around my back, compared to the fusion. It was painful. I
        cut the legs straps off my Pro Limit