Re: [ksurf] bulletproof harness

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      There isn't one. They all have problems.

      On my 2002 Fusion both leg strap buckles broke during one bad wipe out. I ride shackled. The straps
      holding the spreader bar are being cut. The stainless hooks holding the spreader bar have bent. I
      have through bolted them to keep them from opening up. I use the Pro Limit bar on it. When my leg
      straps broke, I went back to my old Pro Limit kite seat. It felt like I was edging against a skinny
      belt around my back, compared to the fusion. It was painful. I cut the legs straps off my Pro Limit
      and sewed them on my Fusion. They all still suck.

      Dwight

      > What do you think is the most durable harness? My harnesses seem to
      > wear out after a month or two. As many of you well know, a harness
      > blowout at the wrong time is not pretty. Seems a well designed
      > harness could be made to last quite a while. The forces placed on a
      > kite harness are so much greater than those on a windsurfing harness
      > (which many current kite harnesses resemble) and need to be taken
      > into consideration, especially for the price that harnesses
      > cost. Thanks, rippit
    • skipfrommichigan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
        This has nothing to do with harnesses but confirms Dwight's comments.

        We had a pretty big event two weeks ago in Grand Haven,MI. A local
        sponsored rider was getting some great waverides in 15-30 knots (not
        mph) winds on a 10 meter Aero. I took a break during the day and was
        surprised to find him in the tent with a ball of kitelines. His
        spreader bar (daKine) broke off! He was standing there with two
        aluminum nubbies left were his bar used to be.
      • oceanflowerr
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
          I have been using a NAISH harness for 6 months now. Its still
          the same harness since I bought it new. Good luck bending that
          hook. Its not happening. Unless you weigh 350 and are out in 45
          knots with a 20M kite....go buy a NAISH harness.

          peace,
          JD.