Reverse launch Lift eh Callum...?

  • Ron Seydler
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hey Callum...

      Just curious if you ever put your theory to the test and reverse launched a
      lift?

      Ron
    • boazila
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        Hi Ron,

        In the last several months, I've dropped my 12.2 5 times - always managed
        to relaunch. Never backwards though. I doubt it is doable in a consistent
        manner. Not to say it will never happen, but just do it regularly and you'll be
        up and running quickly. The secret is to really swim towards the kite when it
        is in the "walled up" position straight downwind of you. Pulling on the power
        lines right before you begin your swim helps. The moment is flips on its back,
        just wait for one of ther sides to "win" and then play with the back lines until
        the thing clears the water. When it does, pull hard on the back-line of that
        side to sharply turn the kite upwards and out of the water.

        Boaz