Re: [ksurf] F-One tendency problems and how to solve it.

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      I have had a bladder that seemed to be taped to the casing, but wasn't. I don't think it's possible
      for it to be taped in place. All the bladders I've seen have powder on them. This means they were
      installed after the kite was sewn. Your bladder probably just feels stuck. I use a garden hose to
      spray a lot of water in the Velcro opening. Flood the space between the bladder and casing with
      water. Don't forget to open the Velcro at the tips, so water drains. This will loosen the bladder up
      so you can pull it out and re-install it straight. A badly twisted bladder can twist the leading
      edge.

      Water is a good way to install the bladder too. I never use powder.

      Dwight

      > Hi, I recently purchased an 12.1 Mach 1. After letting the kite up I
      > experienced a very annoying tendency towards the left. First I
      > thought it was a construction error, but lateron I found out that the
      > problem is caused by the tube of the leading edge, which has been
      > inserted with a small twist. When pomping up the leading edge the
      > twist causes a torsion of the leading edge, which causes the
      > tendency. Now so far I was not too disturbed, because the solution
      > seemed simple: just pulling out the tube and replace it correctly.
      > However, F-One has made that pretty impossible. Firstly, there is
      > only a very small opening in the leading edge (not even in the middle
      > of the leading edge). My hand barely fits through. But when I managed
      > to put my hand in the leading edge to pull the tube, I got a very
      > nasty surprise: the tubes has been taped on to the two! seems of the
      > inside of the leading edge over the whole length of the inside of the
      > leading edge. This makes it absolutely impossible to get the tube out
      > of the leading edge without ruining the tube. It also explains the
      > continued twist of the tube. Normally a twist may rectify itself when
      > pomping up, but with F-One this is impossible.
      >
      > Any similar experiences?
      >
      > Bas
      >

      > This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      > The Original - For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
      >
      > http://www.KiteHigh.com
      >
      > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      > Email:support@...

    • hernanhome
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...> wrote:
        A badly twisted bladder can twist the leading

        Sorry but i dont think so. Bladers are straight, the take their
        curved shape from the leading edge. If you have a heavily twisted
        blader you should see heavy wrinkles. I seems this is not a
        blader isssue. This kite is wrong. Some kite are good and others
        are wrong. If you feel a problem, you have a problem..

        Dont waste your time. Change your kite!!