Re: [ksurf] NEW VIDEO FROM KITESITE.CO.IL

  • theomnipotence
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2002
      > simple when in opens in windows media player goto File then
      properties copy
      > the link and paste it in your usual downloader such as get right or
      flashget
      > Ive got flashget and you can paste url straight in. and in this
      case it was
      > http://www.kitesite.co.il/3.wmv
      > lol
      > ROD

      OR....To get the ovie url, You SHOULD be able to simply place the
      mouse cursor over the link to the movie and then you should be able
      to see the actual address to the movie in the little bar at the
      bottom of your browser window(the one that prolly says "done" in it
      right now and may say 'www.kitesite.co.il News' when you are at the
      above named site...

      OR, to get the movie url you could just look at the source code to
      the page and see the actual URL's there, but since they have the
      right click disabled at their site, I am guessing that they wouldn't
      appreciate it very much of I publicly explained here how to get past
      that, so I won't.....I'm sure you can figure that one out on your own
      if you really wanted to.

      Since they DO have the right click disabled, saving the actual videos
      does pose a small problem to 'computer challenged' people unless you
      can find the address/url of the movie you are trying to save. I
      personally feel like that's kind of UNCOOL of them to do, Especially
      since some of their movies are linked directly from the
      www.tampabaykitesurf.com website(who does allow you to dload and save
      their stuff), among others, and they don't give any credit to them or
      the fact that they made the movies, not to mention that they are
      actually stealing bandwidth from the TampaBay site and any other site
      they link their videos from by linking to their movies as opposed to
      dloading them and saving them to their own server and serving them
      from there. BUT ANYWAY.....

      Just get the URL for the movie you wish to own on your harddrive, and
      either use a dload tool as described in the above post or just create
      yourself a link on an html document with the url and then right click
      your link(cuz SURELY you won't make your OWN link RIGHT CLICK PROOF)
      and select 'Save Target As' from the menu...or some other creative
      ways that you might dream up.
    • drsurfau
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
        And if you have a Mac just drag the url which ends in .wmv to your
        desktop or a folder, let it download then access it with Windows media
        player. Very simple.

        Have Fun, Dave (Dr Surf & Machelp) COM