F-One tendency problems and how to solve it.

  • bcmv
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2002
      Hi, I recently purchased an 12.1 Mach 1. After letting the kite up I
      experienced a very annoying tendency towards the left. First I
      thought it was a construction error, but lateron I found out that the
      problem is caused by the tube of the leading edge, which has been
      inserted with a small twist. When pomping up the leading edge the
      twist causes a torsion of the leading edge, which causes the
      tendency. Now so far I was not too disturbed, because the solution
      seemed simple: just pulling out the tube and replace it correctly.
      However, F-One has made that pretty impossible. Firstly, there is
      only a very small opening in the leading edge (not even in the middle
      of the leading edge). My hand barely fits through. But when I managed
      to put my hand in the leading edge to pull the tube, I got a very
      nasty surprise: the tubes has been taped on to the two! seems of the
      inside of the leading edge over the whole length of the inside of the
      leading edge. This makes it absolutely impossible to get the tube out
      of the leading edge without ruining the tube. It also explains the
      continued twist of the tube. Normally a twist may rectify itself when
      pomping up, but with F-One this is impossible.

      Any similar experiences?

      Bas
    • hernanhome
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        Its very strange that the bladder has been taped to the leading
        edge. But on the othe hand I think the twist is not the problem. If
        you kite turns left, it is wrong. The bladder is very is very soft
        compared to de dacron or mylar of the leading edge so it couldn
        t change the leading edge shape having a small twist.
        If you have garantee: CHANGE YOUR KITE.

        I have the same problem with a Wipika AB 2002. At the zenith, it
        turns left hard. When you were flying the kite, it turns well to the
        left and it didnt turn to the right (very noticiable). If this is the case:
        CHANGE YOUR KITE.

        If you notice this only at the zenith and not when flying, its not a
        big problem.

        Hernan