Re: [ksurf] Re: Binding Sizes on the Lightwave 169

  • Peter Traykovski
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2002
      Only go as wide as you need though! I use these bindings with size 12
      and fairly narrow feet and they work fine for me. Maybe try one side
      first but not both. The narrowness holds my feel securely from the sides
      although it does make it a bit tougher to get in.

      No way I can get booties in, even thin neoprene socks was a pain so I
      used nsi anti bindings with wide kochstraps for winter sailing..but
      that's over now here.

      _Peter

      z-1.geo wrote:

      > You can drill new holes in the plate to mount the toe piece wider
      > and still not have the screw heads hit the bottom of the board. I
      > have two pairs of these bindings and have modified both sets of them
      > without the screw heads hitting the board. The key is to drill the
      > new holes on the angled portion of the binding. There is just
      > enough room left to drill these new holes on the angled portion of
      > the plate. The new holes are about 1/4 of an inch center to center
      > from the old holes. Doing this modification will give you an extra
      > 1/2 inch in width on the toe piece which makes all the difference in
      > comfort.
      >
      > Mark
      >

      >>I was thinking of drilling 3 new holes, but the binding shelf that
      >>sits on the board is raised for the screw heads, and any wider
      >>
      > than
      >
      >>the existing holes, the screwheads would sit right on the board
      >>
      > top.
      >
      >>Can't have that.

      > This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      > The Original - For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
      >
      > http://www.KiteHigh.com
      >
      > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      > Email:support@...

      Peter Traykovski
      Applied Ocean Physics & Engineering Dept.
      MS#11, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
      Woods Hole, MA 02543
      ptraykovski@... (508)-289-2638
      http://penguin.whoi.edu