Re: Sport of the month[ksurf] Re: Poll Result: Do you think kites are too expensive?

  • Suntrax
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2002
      Hey Dave (Dr)

      Guess what! Our newest shipment of Naish kites has come down by about 6%,
      the manufacturers must be reading this group! ;-)

      Unfortunately it's only because our lousy exchange rate has improved, but
      this will make Andy at Kitehigh happier as it pushes up our export prices!

      Kitesurfing is alive and well in Capetown and everybody is complaining about
      the prices of kites and sunglasses and jetskis and televisions and
      windsurfers and motorcars and skateboards and and and and....... but MOSTLY
      A LACK OF WIND!

      Best Regards

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax
      Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
      cell; 0824656696
      www.suntrax.co.za
      suntrax@...

      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2002
        In a message dated 5/1/2002 12:31:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
        ariraptis@... writes:

        > Angry Ari

        I miss TOdd, at least he was humorous while being obnoxious...

        Sean

      • drsurfau
        Message 3 of 21 , May 1, 2002
          Touché :-)

          My sentiments exactly.

          BTW, I went and priced an island today. You know the type, warm, windy,
          lots of scantily clad women on endless sandy beaches and no kitesurf
          restrictions etc.

          Well I was outraged, islands are sooo expensive! I reckon it's reached
          the point where only the rich can afford to buy them. Someone should do
          something about it! Are you listening Carlo, Henryk?? How about a poll?
          That'll fix it!

          Moral of the story, kites are cheap compared to islands, expensive
          compared to your average potato. Half the world doesn't even have
          access to clean water and yet some on this group complain about the
          price of everything?!!

          Get your priorities right, go have a kitesurf.

          Now at the moment in Australia wind is scarce, I'll pay, but not too
          much. Any offers of cheap wind?? Anyone?? :-)

          Go on have fun, everyone on this group is fucking privileged to do this
          sport!!

          Dave (Dr Surf Australia) COM

        • Rodney Lawrence
          Message 4 of 21 , May 1, 2002
            I tell ya what I'll put some of my wind in a bottle from perth WA but it
            will coast ya $$$$$
            Cool post though its so true aswell. I just wish my $1000 630 arc was a
            $1500 1120. Just so I could go for a surf the winds here have been on
            holiday aswell.

            Rod

            LET US ALL PREY TO THE WIND GOD!!
            http://www.perth-kiteboarding.tk/
            ARCS & F-ARCS
            BTW, I went and priced an island today. You know the type, warm, windy,
            lots of scantily clad women on endless sandy beaches and no kitesurf
            restrictions etc.

            Well I was outraged, islands are sooo expensive! I reckon it's reached
            the point where only the rich can afford to buy them. Someone should do
            something about it! Are you listening Carlo, Henryk?? How about a poll?
            That'll fix it!

            Moral of the story, kites are cheap compared to islands, expensive
            compared to your average potato. Half the world doesn't even have
            access to clean water and yet some on this group complain about the
            price of everything?!!

            Get your priorities right, go have a kitesurf.

            Now at the moment in Australia wind is scarce, I'll pay, but not too
            much. Any offers of cheap wind?? Anyone?? :-)

            Go on have fun, everyone on this group is fucking privileged to do this
            sport!!

            Dave (Dr Surf Australia) COM

            --- In kitesurf@y..., "Suntrax" <Suntrax@i...> wrote:
            > Hey Dave (Dr)
            >
            > Guess what! Our newest shipment of Naish kites has come down by about 6%,=

            > the manufacturers must be reading this group! ;-)
            >
            > Unfortunately it's only because our lousy exchange rate has improved, but=

            > this will make Andy at Kitehigh happier as it pushes up our export prices=
            !

            > Kitesurfing is alive and well in Capetown and everybody is complaining ab=
            out
            > the prices of kites and sunglasses and jetskis and televisions and
            > windsurfers and motorcars and skateboards and and and and....... but MOST=
            LY
            > A LACK OF WIND!
            >
            > Best Regards
            >
            > Brian Wilson
            > Suntrax
            > Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
            > cell; 0824656696
            > www.suntrax.co.za
            > suntrax@i...

          • Carlo
            Message 5 of 21 , May 1, 2002
              >Kites are not a rocket science. Materials (excluding MACHs and X2s )
              >are commonly used in several other industries. Tooling is not very
              >sophisticated.
              >They are built in countries where labour contents is relatively cheap.
              >IMO there is no justification for such high prices.
              >
              >Henryk Majewski

              Well said! This is exactly what this whole discussion is about. We are being
              ripped off.