RE: [ksurf] Tumors on Q-Power Line....?
- No, not that I am aware of, I have spectra linests that are 7-8 years old
they are fine, just dirty! :-))
126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
* -----Original Message-----
* From: tswierkocki [mailto:tswierkocki@...]
* Sent: Wednesday, 1 May 2002 2:27
* To: email@example.com
* Subject: Re: [ksurf] Tumors on Q-Power Line....?
* I've been using a set of Q-Power lines for over a year now. Other
* than replacing the loops the lines are still in really good shape.
* If there is no physical damage to lines at what point should they be
* replaced? Does the spectra weaken after being loaded and unloaded
* over time?
* --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
* > I would not worry about the lumps in your Q-Power line Callum,
* they are not
* > spectra tumours!! LOL :-)!
* > The lumps come from the slight stretching of the inner core and
* then when it
* > is unloaded, due to the very tight overbraid, the longitudinal
* spectra 2000
* > fibres inside bunch up a bit.
* > keep an eye on the loops, but the rest of the line should last you
* for many
* > more years.
* > Cya and
* > Goodwinds
* > Steve McCormack
* > http://www.kitepower.com.au
* > mailto:sydney@k...
* > Open 7 days
* > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
* > Phone +61293157894
* > -----Original Message-----
* > From: callum_downie [mailto:callum_downie@h...]
* > Sent: 30 April, 2002 9:51 AM
* > To: kitesurf@y...
* > Subject: [ksurf] Tumors on Q-Power Line....?
* > Hi Everyone,
* > Seeing the recent posts about qpower line reminded me of something.
* > I have a set of line thats about 16 months old and has been used a
* > fiar bit. 16 months is pretty good wear there's no way I'd get that
* > from "standard" line.
* > I have noticed sleaving on the qpower has started getting white(my
* > set is yellow...) marks on them and where the marks are the
* > seams to have seperated a little - actually making the lines feal
* > look bumpy. I figure These lines must be comming to the end of
* > usable live span, surely where the sleaving has expanded it'll make
* > possible dammage to the core more likely.
* > Has anyone else had this? I think it is caused by repeated
* > of the lines when setting them out. These are the first ever line
* > I used on a 4 line kite, so I got them in some pretty gnarly
* > tangles....
* > I'm not actually using the line at the moment becuase they have
* > cut to 20's and I am flying 30's on my kites currently...
* > Cheers.
* > Callum
* > <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...>>>
* > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
* <<<to unsubscribe send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org>>>
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/