best wake plate foot straps/binding

  • pluvious2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
      I'm looking for a wakeplate style footstrap binding for my LWD 169. I'm
      thinking about the NSI Anti Bindings, the Wipika Sucker Strap binding,
      the Slingshots and, if they ever come out, the LWD's.

      I'd appreciate hearing opinions on these and any others.Which are the
      best and why?

      Thanks
    • willempuk
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
        The ones from Fone and Cabrinha look well too. I'm curious what
        people will answer! I'm still one step earlier (in board choice, tt
        or wake??), but this might be my third question. Great forum!! Thanks
        for the Q-line-tie-info BTW. Nice fotos too in the file area.

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "pluvious2002" <dcl@r...> wrote:
        > I'm looking for a wakeplate style footstrap binding for my LWD 169.
        I'm
        > thinking about the NSI Anti Bindings, the Wipika Sucker Strap
        binding,
        > the Slingshots and, if they ever come out, the LWD's.
        >
        > I'd appreciate hearing opinions on these and any others.Which are
        the
        > best and why?
        >
        > Thanks
      • cfglazier
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
          --- In kitesurf@y..., "pluvious2002" <dcl@r...> wrote:
          > I'm looking for a wakeplate style footstrap binding for my LWD
          169. I'm
          > thinking about the NSI Anti Bindings, the Wipika Sucker Strap
          binding,
          > the Slingshots and, if they ever come out, the LWD's.

          I tried the NSI Anti Bindings. They have a nice thick foot pad but
          only regular foot straps. (And they are very expensive IMO.) Mine
          broke in half after one week because I use a board leash and the
          foam foot pads had no strength or support. (They refunded my money.)
          Note that this may not be a problem if you never use a board leash.

          I currently use homemade ones with wide NSI Adam Koch foot straps.
          (These wide straps really are great.)

          Whatever you buy, be sure that the toe and heel foam pieces have
          support and wont be torn off by water pressure.

          Chris G
        • xtremebigair
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1 10:53 AM
            I have recently tested out the Medium/large Slingshot one, and NSI
            Adam Koch. The NSI is softer than the Slingshot.
            I also just tested the Eboard straps. I like the Eboards straps the
            best. They are all working great. You can't go wrong with any of
            them.

            Go Xtreme,
            Kinsley Wong
            http://XtremeBigAir.com