Nash X2 12 and NOrth rhino 12

  • fabinhoj
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2002
      How do you compare those kites:
      Stability
      water relaunch
      wind range
      construction

      wich one is easier to fly ??

      cheers
      FAbio
    • callum_downie
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2002
        I havn't flown an X2 but I have flown the 12 Rhino, But I thought I'd
        give you my thoughts as you havn't had a response...

        You are comparing two pretty well totally different kites.
        Water relaunch should be easier with a rhino because it is lower
        aspect.
        Wind range may be larger on the X2 because IMO higher aspect kites
        depower more effeciently - get to the edge quicker...
        Construction, North we all know is excellent, the x2 should be very
        good as well, considering the aero is well constructed.

        As far as ease of flying, that would depend on your personal
        preference. I would expect the X2 to be much quicker around the
        window than a Rhino. That probably means the X2 is a more demanding
        kite to fly.

        Rhino's are popular with wakestyle riders because of the slower more
        steady feel about them.

        Hope this helps,

        Callum

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "fabinhoj" <fabinhoj@h...> wrote:
        > How do you compare those kites:
        > Stability
        > water relaunch
        > wind range
        > construction
        >
        > wich one is easier to fly ??
        >
        > cheers
        > FAbio
      • kitetrade
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2002
          Hey Fabio,

          You might want to consider a Slingshot Fuel 12 - in comparison to
          the X2 and North - they are more stable/predictable - better
          constructed and easier to water relaunch.

          We just had a comp in Byron Bay Australia and over 50% of kites
          flown were Slingshot - I stacked my kite in the surf rolled inside
          out for 100m dragged underwater etc.. relaunched of the beach and
          went out again.. not many kites handle that sort of abuse and fly
          again !!

          Adam Yared

          KiteTrade.com )

          w: www.kitetrade.com
          e: adam@...
          m: +61 414 824 269
          f: +61 3319 6157

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "callum_downie" <callum_downie@h...> wrote:
          > I havn't flown an X2 but I have flown the 12 Rhino, But I thought
          I'd
          > give you my thoughts as you havn't had a response...
          >
          > You are comparing two pretty well totally different kites.
          > Water relaunch should be easier with a rhino because it is lower
          > aspect.
          > Wind range may be larger on the X2 because IMO higher aspect kites
          > depower more effeciently - get to the edge quicker...
          > Construction, North we all know is excellent, the x2 should be
          very
          > good as well, considering the aero is well constructed.
          >
          > As far as ease of flying, that would depend on your personal
          > preference. I would expect the X2 to be much quicker around the
          > window than a Rhino. That probably means the X2 is a more
          demanding
          > kite to fly.
          >
          > Rhino's are popular with wakestyle riders because of the slower
          more
          > steady feel about them.
          >
          > Hope this helps,
          >
          > Callum
          >

          > --- In kitesurf@y..., "fabinhoj" <fabinhoj@h...> wrote:
          > > How do you compare those kites:
          > > Stability
          > > water relaunch
          > > wind range
          > > construction
          > >
          > > wich one is easier to fly ??
          > >
          > > cheers
          > > FAbio
        • callum_downie
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2002
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitetrade" <adam@k...> wrote:
            > Hey Fabio,
            >
            > You might want to consider a Slingshot Fuel 12 - in comparison to
            > the X2 and North - they are more stable/predictable - better
            > constructed and easier to water relaunch.

            Can ou elaborate on the better construction, I havn't had a chance to
            look over a slingshot that closely. Only about 5% of kites around
            here are slingy's. I really want to hear why they are constructed
            the best, if you could make comparisions against airush lift
            construction that would be helpfull.

            > We just had a comp in Byron Bay Australia and over 50% of kites
            > flown were Slingshot - I stacked my kite in the surf rolled inside
            > out for 100m dragged underwater etc.. relaunched of the beach and
            > went out again.. not many kites handle that sort of abuse and fly
            > again !!

            Both my old wipika's handled exactly that, many times, it's mostly
            down to luck, nothing else, just plain dumb luck, I wouldn't want to
            be a kite reseller and be building the brand of kite I sell up to
            that...

            Cheers
            Callum
          • fabinhoj
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2002
              Callum tks !

              I did not exchange my kites yet !! probably I will keep a rhino
              quiver with a big mach1 18.1 ! how is it sounds ?

              cheers
              FAbio