skysurf 6.5m foil kite

  • your_little_dwarf
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2002
      Hi,
      I just got a RAM air foil kite 6.5m long. I weigh 70 kg (154 pounds)
      and I have a fairly large board (2.30 meters long). I tried surfing
      with it on a 11 knots day but I got the feeling it's not pulling me
      enough. I didn't manage to surf with it at all (only bodysurfing till
      now).
      Do you know how much wind(in knots) I need in order to surf with this
      kite?

      Also, please tell me if this kite is good for starting kitesurfing.
      Maybe I need a different kite...

      10x,
      Danny
    • Marc Munzer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 10:29 AM
        Hi Danny,

        Nobody else answered your question so I will try.

        I have never heard of the skysurf foils, can you tell me where I can find
        more info. Different kites have different power outputs.

        In any case a 6.5m foil is good to start with on your board, but you will
        need more than the 11 knots you mention. Once you are good, then 11knots
        might get you going on your big board, but during learning it will be
        easier if you have more wind.

        A new kite will not necessarily help. Try to get the basics with your
        current kite and then once you can get up on the board and going back and
        forth, then you probably want to consider getting some sort of kite with a
        depower system. A depower system will make it easier to learn to go upwind.

        Best regards,

        Marc
        GoExtreme.dk