Re: [ksurf] comp report Byron Bay >>

  • kitetrade
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2002
      Steve,

      Ben is in in Fiji and yes over 50% of the kites at the comp were
      Slingshots - we had a real strong team of Stewy Martin, Matt Tobin,
      Boomby, Myself and Dave from Slingshot.

      Flat Rock is a good spot to kite, probably the best in that area
      both NE and S winds good behind the shelf.

      Good to be home but - isobars are stacked and its looking like solid
      20-25 knots for a week.. need a break from it!

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "throb_list" <captain1@i...> wrote:
      > Steve,
      >
      > Dont listen to them - they are lying. Some mates also went up for
      the
      > comp and th only pics they sent me I have uploaded.
      >
      > the pic is in:
      >
      > dont look like no kitesurfing I ever saw - we dont take too kindly
      > them types around here!!!
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > Anthony
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
      > > Glad you all got a bit of wind at least. Friends who went up
      told
      > me that
      > > there were a fair few Slingshots there, I'm surprised you did
      not
      > fare
      > > better in the comp, obviously Ben Wilson was not there?
      > > Sounds like everyone got to do a bit of driving too, and you
      would
      > have had
      > > to leave that very pleasant Byron skin coloured scenery too!! :-
      )))
      > > I would imagine the spectators at Woolgoolga were a bit scarce?
      > Good spot in
      > > a southerly though eh? Had you been there before?
      > >
      > > Cya and
      > > Goodwinds
      > > Steve McCormack
      > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
      > > mailto:sydney@k...
      > > Open 7 days
      > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
      > > Phone +61293157894

      Was
      > > the event
      > > > actually held at Woolgoolga?
      > > > Who were the judges and what format was used?
      > > >
      > > > Cya and
      > > > Goodwinds
      > > > Steve McCormack
      > > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
      > > > mailto:sydney@k...
      > > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
      > > > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
      > > > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic

      Jay
      > > > * Bolton showed good form and consistency on a North and
      > > Underground
      > > > * Board. Mark Pederson - ex pro windsurfer showed some great
      > > > * waveriding skill and contest savvy. Johnno from the Gold
      Coast -
      unsubscribe@e...>>>