RE: [ksurf] Re: Skoop 10.5 wind range

  • Carlo
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29 3:20 AM
      it all sounds great, but you'll have to fly it before you can comment...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29 6:02 AM
        The skoop 6.5 is considerably slower turning and more stable handling
        than it's distant cousin the 2001 airblast 6.3. This is a good thing as
        the 6.3AB was a little too quick handling for my tastes and was very
        scary for freestyle in the high winds that it was used for.. The takoon
        also has more low end power. Haven't found the absolute top end of the
        6.5 skoop, but it was solidly powered but still comfortable in avgs of
        30knots gusting to 25 to 35

        mattllew2000 wrote:

        > going to be very fast).... well i dont think it will be too fast, i
        > saw one and was amazed by how low aspect it looks. It is very
        > similar in outline to a 8.0m aero.
        >
        > matt
        >
        > --- In kitesurf@y..., "stonini" <stonini@y...> wrote:
        >
        >>Hi-
        >>
        >>I just got my 10.5 Skoop last week and tested it in rather crap
        >>conditions, 10-14 knots onshore.
        >>
        >>I weigh 74 kilos, and ride a wake 140.
        >>
        >>Impressions: This kite kicks ass, for sure it can be used (for me)
        >>from 10-20 knots, on 10-14 knots I didn't even use the depower, so
        >>there was plenty of space for more wind. Plus, I had the front/back
        >>lines setup for max power.
        >>
        >>On test day one, the Takoon was outpacing (speed-wise) the various
        >>Naish and North kites sailing on that day - it just kept racing
        >>forward.
        >>
        >>Previously, I owned (actually still own - need to sell) a Cabrinha
        >>Black Tip 9.4 and a Naish 15.5 AR5. The Skoop will replace both
        >>
        > kites
        >
        >>thanks to its range - also because the other two kites have shit
        >>
        > for
        >
        >>range.
        >>
        >>What also needs to be noted, is that the turning speed of the
        >>
        > Skoop,
        >
        >>in comparison to the those other two kites I'm replacing, is much
        >>faster; a requirement with big sizes (I wonder what a Skoop 6.5
        >>
        > would
        >
        >>feel like...??).
        >>
        >>So my quiver will be Skoop 10.5 and then Black Tip 7.0 (plus
        >>
        > smaller
        >
        >>stuff).
        >>
        >>I did some research on the wind range of this kite, reports
        >>
        > indicated
        >
        >>anywhere from 8-22 knots. Better safe than sorry - 10-20 is more
        >>realistic.
        >>
        >>Steve
        >>
        >>--- In kitesurf@y..., "macca_12002" <guy.mcclements@n...> wrote:
        >>
        >>>Hi
        >>>Any info on the wind range of the 10.5 skoop , I'm 85kg on a 160.
        >>>
        >>>Cheers.

        Peter Traykovski
        Applied Ocean Physics & Engineering Dept.
        MS#11, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
        Woods Hole, MA 02543
        ptraykovski@... (508)-289-2638
        http://penguin.whoi.edu
      • mattllew2000
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2002
          Hey wiseass
          my mate flew it and thats what he said.
          talk less and kite more

          --- In kitesurf@y..., Carlo <carlo@k...> wrote:
          > it all sounds great, but you'll have to fly it before you can
          comment...

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • mattllew2000
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2002

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2002
              Hey wiseass
              my mate flew it and thats what he said.
              talk less and kite more

              --- In kitesurf@y..., Carlo <carlo@k...> wrote:
              > it all sounds great, but you'll have to fly it before you can
              comment...

            • Sloot van der, R (Robbert)
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2002
                maybe you should click less and fly more ;-)

                > it all sounds great, but you'll have to fly it before you can
                comment...

                De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
                is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
                onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
                de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
                The information contained in this message may be confidential
                and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
                receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
                herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.