2002 Islamorada Kiteboard Festival Results

  • Rick Iossi
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2002
      Just got this in and wanted to forward it along (please see below). It was
      a great event. Many thanks to Brad, Amelia (sp) and Tom and all the
      volunteers that pulled this event off so successfully. Looking forward to
      more great kiteboarding get togethers like this one. For some photos of the
      event checkout:

      http://www.tampabaykitesurf.com/images/photojam/islamorada/index.html
      (you will need Flash, it is a great presentation)

      and

      (more shots to added very soon)

      Hello Kiteboarders,
      Sorry so long to post the results - we've been busy chillin in Miami
      beach. The wind is pickin back up so I'll have to make this quick.
      First of all - many thanks to everyone who trusted us enough to come
      down here and ride. I won't begin to mention names because I will
      forget someone. Everybody was very cool pitching in and helping out.
      Special thanks to Holiday Isle and Extreme Sports. We plan do hold
      weekend expos with a similar format before summer and throught the
      year. Everyone is invited - more details later. Enough BS ---

      1st place - Andy Hurdman - Delray Beach
      2nd place - Pete Weisberg - Ft. Laud
      3rd place - Jeff Biege - Boynton Beach
      4th place - Kent Marinkovich - Miami
      5th place - Scott Fliecher - Ft. Laud
      6th place - Diego Glazman - Argentina

      Big Air
      1st place - 4.95 - Jayson Orkins - Tampa
      2nd place - 4.80 - Neil Hutchinson - Ft. Laud
      3rd place - 4.52 - Alex Aguera - Maui
      4th place - 4.45 - Wolf Serrer - Namibia SW Africa/ Ft Laud
      5th place - 3.99 - Oliver Bautch - Austria/ Miami

      If you haven't already heard about what went on down here - ask
      someone - all I can write is 20-25 knots both days - you fill in the
      rest. Stay tuned to the mags and vids for details. We will be
      updating the site www.islamoradakiteboardfestival.com sometime soon.
      It will have more info about this past event and events to come.

      I open a special invitation to everyone who attended to come and ride
      down here anytime - just call 1(877)Yes-2-Fly
      Thanks Again
      See ya,
      Brad