Re: [ksurf] Spinning the Warrior Bar

  • Marc Munzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2002

      >The current Vector leash is just a straight brake line down from the
      >kite through a ring on the bar to the harness. You can spin the bar
      >easily. The leash wraps around the chicken loop but it is not very
      >tight. You can either unhook and the leash drops clear or just leave
      >it there until the next spin in the opposite direction.

      The leash system on the warrior wraps around the depower loop just like it
      does on the vector... Just like it does on any kite which doesn't have the
      leash attached to a swivel... I have never seen a stock leash system which
      does not wrap around the depower loop when you spin the bar...

      >Yeah. I know but I think I remember Ian spinning the bar after a loop
      >at the Nationals. I could be imagining it. There was a lot of bar
      >spinning going on there. :o)

      You can spin it a few times without any problems, the depower system still
      works fine. Do a couple of loops one way and then do a couple of loops the
      other way... :-) No problems...

      Or set up a swivel system like the one in the Kitepower folder. It will
      work exactly the same.

      >I'm trying to work out if the Flysurfer style leash is more hassle
      >than the straight Vector leash or if it's just my lack of experience
      >with the FS.

      It is just your lack of experience with the flysurfer system which is
      bugging you. Give it some time and it will get better. I get frustrated
      with all the other leash systems on the market.

      Regards,

      Marc
      GoExtreme.dk