Re: (MEL)_Wichard 2673 release line set up

  • kiteboard2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 6:04 PM
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "airdoodle" <matthew.hockin@h...> wrote:

      > ...I have ... a Wichard 2673 snap shackle ... but I cannot seem to
      figure out how to set up
      > the release line so that it releases by puling in any direction! I
      > have looked at all the flies and pictures in Mels section...

      You simply need to feed the release line through the fixed
      (swiveling) opening before installing the "grab ball". It's shown in
      the photo of my "Consumer Model" & my "Minimalist Mods", BUT: I no
      longer recommend setting it up like this, unless you do use something
      like my Version 2 or 3, where there's no chance of the shackle's
      swivel spinning. If you really want the "pull in any direction"
      feature, & don't need the swiveling action, but there's the
      posibility of swiveling, you could get a small tack weld added to
      prevent swiveling.

      > Not that this
      > is a real big deal, since your instinct is probably to yank at your
      > body with the release line...

      Maybe, but that wouldn't work if you have the opening end towards
      you. Take a look at my Version 2, & "Roland's Shackle", where you
      pull AWAY to release it (with stock release line).

      Mel