[ksurf] Re: Flag beach Fuerteventura

  • dutchkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
      Sotavento has a wide beach, so lots of space to make mistakes and
      still not land on any rocks. I was only 1 day at Sotavento and it
      was blowing sideshore. When the tradewindwindsblow (>May and not the
      1 day in March when I was there) yes it is supposed to be offshore,
      where at Flagbeach it should be side/onshore.

      You also have the lagune at sotavento. At the kitesurfcentre they
      have a schema which shows when there's enough water in the lagune.
      In the lagune you don't have anything to worry about offshore wind.

      For more info check: http://www.rene-egli.com
      Rene Egli is the owner of the kite/windsurfcentres.

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Suntrax" <Suntrax@i...> wrote:
      > Hi Dutchkitesurfer
      >
      > You say below that Rene Egli's place is better than Flag Beach but
      you don't
      > qualify that, please give a bit more detail. Was at Flag beach
      last year
      > and also found the same problem with the rocks!. Presumably you
      didn't find
      > the reported offshore winds at Sotavento a problem?
      > I am considering both places, plus Cabarete.
      >
      > Many thanks
      >
      > Brian
      >
      > Brian Wilson
      > Suntrax
      > Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
      > cell; 0824656696
      > www.suntrax.co.za
      > suntrax@i...

    • Brian Wilson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
        Hi Steve

        Exactly the stuff I wanted to hear and confirms most of what I have gleaned
        to date.
        Am sure Marina at Kitexcite put you up to the report! :-)
        Would be interested to hear your comments on Cabarete locals, accommodation,
        food, costs, etc. On my visit to Coralejjo/Flag beach last July I found all
        these aspects first class, how would you compare them?

        Many thanks

        Brian

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
> [...]

          problem, I'd be there every kitesurfing trip.

          Between Flag Beach, Sotavento, and Cabarete, excluding all non-kite
          factors (locals, accomodation, food, costs, etc) - Cabarete is the
          best, for sure. If you really want to kite your butt off, then go to
          Cabarete. This is valid for both beginner and expert levels.

          Hope this is of help -

          Steve

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "Suntrax" <Suntrax@i...> wrote:
          > Hi Dutchkitesurfer
          >
          > You say below that Rene Egli's place is better than Flag Beach but
          you don't
          > qualify that, please give a bit more detail. Was at Flag beach
          last year
          > and also found the same problem with the rocks!. Presumably you
          didn't find
          > the reported offshore winds at Sotavento a problem?
          > I am considering both places, plus Cabarete.

        • flygirl93402
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
            Hey Brian, I claim complete innocence on Steve's report about
            Cabarete! Really, Cabarete can get crowded, no doubt. But usually
            just for a few days, then it thins out. Or the better riders go
            upwind, downwind, etc. to have more space. Again, in late
            February/Early March, two magazines were here shooting a video and
            testing equipment which added to the people factor. FYI, Stefan and
            I are doing a road trip next week to scout out more places for
            tours. I'll also take a couple of digital pictures today to show you
            what it's like in the water here:-)

            marina

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • flygirl93402