Re: [ksurf] Re: Flag beach Fuerteventura

  • Suntrax
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi Dutchkitesurfer

      You say below that Rene Egli's place is better than Flag Beach but you don't
      qualify that, please give a bit more detail. Was at Flag beach last year
      and also found the same problem with the rocks!. Presumably you didn't find
      the reported offshore winds at Sotavento a problem?
      I am considering both places, plus Cabarete.

      Many thanks

      Brian

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax
      Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
      cell; 0824656696
      www.suntrax.co.za
      suntrax@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
        Sotavento has a wide beach, so lots of space to make mistakes and
        still not land on any rocks. I was only 1 day at Sotavento and it
        was blowing sideshore. When the tradewindwindsblow (>May and not the
        1 day in March when I was there) yes it is supposed to be offshore,
        where at Flagbeach it should be side/onshore.

        You also have the lagune at sotavento. At the kitesurfcentre they
        have a schema which shows when there's enough water in the lagune.
        In the lagune you don't have anything to worry about offshore wind.

        For more info check: http://www.rene-egli.com
        Rene Egli is the owner of the kite/windsurfcentres.

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Suntrax" <Suntrax@i...> wrote:
        > Hi Dutchkitesurfer
        >
        > You say below that Rene Egli's place is better than Flag Beach but
        you don't
        > qualify that, please give a bit more detail. Was at Flag beach
        last year
        > and also found the same problem with the rocks!. Presumably you
        didn't find
        > the reported offshore winds at Sotavento a problem?
        > I am considering both places, plus Cabarete.
        >
        > Many thanks
        >
        > Brian
        >
        > Brian Wilson
        > Suntrax
        > Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
        > cell; 0824656696
        > www.suntrax.co.za
        > suntrax@i...

      • Brian Wilson
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
          Hi Steve

          Exactly the stuff I wanted to hear and confirms most of what I have gleaned
          to date.
          Am sure Marina at Kitexcite put you up to the report! :-)
          Would be interested to hear your comments on Cabarete locals, accommodation,
          food, costs, etc. On my visit to Coralejjo/Flag beach last July I found all
          these aspects first class, how would you compare them?

          Many thanks

          Brian

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
> [...]

            problem, I'd be there every kitesurfing trip.

            Between Flag Beach, Sotavento, and Cabarete, excluding all non-kite
            factors (locals, accomodation, food, costs, etc) - Cabarete is the
            best, for sure. If you really want to kite your butt off, then go to
            Cabarete. This is valid for both beginner and expert levels.

            Hope this is of help -

            Steve

            --- In kitesurf@y..., "Suntrax" <Suntrax@i...> wrote:
            > Hi Dutchkitesurfer
            >
            > You say below that Rene Egli's place is better than Flag Beach but
            you don't
            > qualify that, please give a bit more detail. Was at Flag beach
            last year
            > and also found the same problem with the rocks!. Presumably you
            didn't find
            > the reported offshore winds at Sotavento a problem?
            > I am considering both places, plus Cabarete.

          • flygirl93402
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
              Hey Brian, I claim complete innocence on Steve's report about
              Cabarete! Really, Cabarete can get crowded, no doubt. But usually
              just for a few days, then it thins out. Or the better riders go
              upwind, downwind, etc. to have more space. Again, in late
              February/Early March, two magazines were here shooting a video and
              testing equipment which added to the people factor. FYI, Stefan and
              I are doing a road trip next week to scout out more places for
              tours. I'll also take a couple of digital pictures today to show you
              what it's like in the water here:-)

              marina

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • flygirl93402