Re: [ksurf] Replacement kites

  • Adam Yared - KiteTrade
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31 3:21 PM
      Hi,

      Try a slingshot fuel they have the strongest construction and leading edge..

      Adam Yared

      KiteTrade.Com )

      www.kitetrade.com
      info@...

      Int + 617 5445 1902
      Sydney Fax + 612 9475 0308

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31 9:15 PM
        Why is that? and how do you know that?
        have you tested all brands leading edges to find this out? and what
        tests did you undertake to get to this conclusion?

        Qualify you statement...

        Or is it just that you sell slingshots?

        callum
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Adam Yared - KiteTrade" <adam@k...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Try a slingshot fuel they have the strongest construction and
        leading edge..

        > Adam Yared
        >
        > KiteTrade.Com )
        >
        > www.kitetrade.com
        > info@k...
        >
        > Int + 617 5445 1902
        > Sydney Fax + 612 9475 0308

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • kitetrade
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31 11:01 PM
          Hi Callum,

          I will not go into detail as to what kites do not handle extensive
          bashing
          on the leading edge and/or rip completely in half.... but I will say
          that
          Slingshot is tried and tested - the strongest kites we have seen
          used here
          in Australia during the summer 01/02 - where we have had a chance to
          see the
          latest from all manufacturers and use them all a lot.

          Yes I sell Slinghsot kites and yes we are the dominant brand of kite
          in this
          area.. and that is because the quality of the kite is superior.

          Adam Yared

          KiteTrade.Com )

          www.kitetrade.com
          info@...

        • callum_downie
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
            Hi Adam,

            I don't think any of the current kites will be tearing completely in
            half unless they are seriously abused - in which case a slingshot is
            probably just as likely to do it as any other kite.

            Where I am in Australia SlingShot is not the dominant brand, infact
            I'd say the opposite. Also the kitebrands that are dominant here are
            the ones that are sold by the most pro active retailers and ridden by
            the best riders... I suspect that is the same as in you area....

            I am not saying slingshot are not great kites, they may be... I don't
            believe they are vastly superior to any other kite in performance or
            quality - thats what you said in your previous post.

            Anyway, Thats all I will say on this, I don't whish for it to be
            blown out of proportion!

            What part of oz are you from?
            Callum

          • dtraub1second
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
              --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitetrade" <adam@k...> wrote:

              Is it a coincidence that KiteTrade only sells Slingshot kites and
              they happen to think they are the best?