Re: [ksurf] Kite depowering systems

  • gregwalshau
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 30, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "dixon76710" <dixon76710@y...> wrote:
      > They must be bridling the flysurfers different now. My Speed air
      has
      > all attachments in a row and virtually no cascades. The few
      cascades
      > have 1 cascading to two but they attach on each side of a cell(same
      > row) and the brake lines cascade into 3 or 4 also in the same row.
      > Wouldnt a 2D bridle also not work assuming the branches of the
      > cascades attached on different rows, front to back?
      > MARK

      The Warrior has a row of bridles just behind the LE. They all fork
      spanwise.

      About 30cm back is a second set of bridles, basically the same as the
      first.

      The third set of bridles are about half way back. Again, spanwise
      forks.

      The rear half of the kite is unsupported except for the brake lines.

      All these bridles join about halfway down their length and join again
      at the line attachment points where there are pulleys for the brake
      system.

      Spanwise 2D bridles could be used in a speed system but chordwise
      could not really.

      Regards

      Greg

      BTW. The Warrior has all internal seams. Each seam is a simple flat
      joint with 2 lines of straight stitch holding the two pieces of
      fabric together. (ie. for kite making nuts it's like a flat fell
      seams except with the end not sewn flat onto the panel).

      The more load bearing seams that have more panels coming together
      have 4 lines of straight stitch. No 3-step zig-zag and no rolled
      seams that I could see.

      The Warrior has little mini-diagonals at each line attachment point
      and a spanwise reinforcement strip across the rear lower surface.