Warrior

  • fmernukin_2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2002
      One thing I forget to mention in my review is how
      fast the kite fills up with air and will deflate.
      The time to get on and off the water is significantly reduced.
    • gregwalshau
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2002
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "fmernukin_2000" <fmernukin@e...> wrote:
        > One thing I forget to mention in my review is how
        > fast the kite fills up with air and will deflate.
        > The time to get on and off the water is significantly reduced.

        Very true. The trailing edge butt hole is a great asset for inflation
        and deflation. I'm just pulling apart my old ConceptAir WaveEx to see
        if it can be made into a decent kite by the addition of a butt hole.
        I think everyone should have a butt hole. Don't you?

        Greg
      • fmernukin_2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2002
          gregg, didn't know you could use if for inflation. I was under the
          impression it was to get the air out, not it. What is the basic
          procedure for inflation using velco patch on the trailing edge?

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "gregwalshau" <Greg.Walsh@b...> wrote:
          > --- In kitesurf@y..., "fmernukin_2000" <fmernukin@e...> wrote:
          > > One thing I forget to mention in my review is how
          > > fast the kite fills up with air and will deflate.
          > > The time to get on and off the water is significantly reduced.
          >
          > Very true. The trailing edge butt hole is a great asset for
          inflation
          > and deflation. I'm just pulling apart my old ConceptAir WaveEx to
          see
          > if it can be made into a decent kite by the addition of a butt
          hole.
          > I think everyone should have a butt hole. Don't you?
          >
          > Greg
        • gregwalshau
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2002
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "fmernukin_2000" <fmernukin@e...> wrote:

            > gregg, didn't know you could use if for inflation. I was under the
            > impression it was to get the air out, not it. What is the basic
            > procedure for inflation using velco patch on the trailing edge?

            Lay out your kite as usual. Open the velcro and pull out the tube.
            Use some sand to hold the hole open. Push the sides of the hole in
            towards each other and either roll the tube back on itself or put a
            little sand just inside the tube to keep it open.

            While you unwind the lines the air will flow in through the hole and
            inflate the kite. You can get full inflation in this way.

            Walk back checking the lines, pulleys and bridles. Close the velcro.
            Launch your kite.

            Preinflation is always a good thing especially if it takes no more
            time to do. It also makes side launching the Warrior a lot easier.

            Greg
          • fmernukin_2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2002
              Thanks Gregg. In your experience with the kite, was it easier to
              backwards re-launch it by letting go of the bar totally or could it
              be accomplished by pulling on the middle strap? I couldn't seem to
              get enough pull on the middle strap to turn it over, but the New
              England water was cold so I didn't spend too much time with it.
              Thanks in advance.

              --- In kitesurf@y..., "gregwalshau" <Greg.Walsh@b...> wrote:
              > --- In kitesurf@y..., "fmernukin_2000" <fmernukin@e...> wrote:
              > >
              > > gregg, didn't know you could use if for inflation. I was under
              the
              > > impression it was to get the air out, not it. What is the basic
              > > procedure for inflation using velco patch on the trailing edge?
              >
              > Lay out your kite as usual. Open the velcro and pull out the tube.
              > Use some sand to hold the hole open. Push the sides of the hole in
              > towards each other and either roll the tube back on itself or put a
              > little sand just inside the tube to keep it open.
              >
              > While you unwind the lines the air will flow in through the hole
              and
              > inflate the kite. You can get full inflation in this way.
              >
              > Walk back checking the lines, pulleys and bridles. Close the
              velcro.
              > Launch your kite.
              >
              > Preinflation is always a good thing especially if it takes no more
              > time to do. It also makes side launching the Warrior a lot easier.
              >
              > Greg
            • gregwalshau
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31, 2002
                To reverse any kite off the water you have to pull the brakes. The
                Warrior brakes are the outside lines.

                The simplest way to relaunch the Warrior is to drop the bar and let
                it auto-reverse onto its tail then grab the bar and take off. In
                strong conditions you will want to hook in before you relaunch to
                avoid a super powered up drag as the kite comes up.

                You could probably speed the reversing process up a little by hanging
                onto the bar pulling just one brake line. Good stuff to experiment
                with on underpowered days.

                Regards

                Gregggggggg

                --- In kitesurf@y..., "fmernukin_2000" <fmernukin@e...> wrote:
                > Thanks Gregg. In your experience with the kite, was it easier to
                > backwards re-launch it by letting go of the bar totally or could it
                > be accomplished by pulling on the middle strap? I couldn't seem to
                > get enough pull on the middle strap to turn it over, but the New
                > England water was cold so I didn't spend too much time with it.
                > Thanks in advance.
              • fmernukin_2000
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2002
                  Thanks Gregg for all your advice and input. I look forward to
                  playing around with the thing in a warm, lightwind day. I have a
                  9.3 and a 12 Warrior - do they fly about the same or will I notice
                  any differences in the different sizes. From what I have read, the
                  bigger the kite, the longer the lines are?