Re: [ksurf] Kite wind range?

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2002
      I can only address North on this one. I have way more range than I did last year on my 2001 Free
      Air. My first impressions with the kites were, that the range would be similar. This misconception
      came from the different feel the kites have depowered. The Rhino has slight residual power with
      slack rear lines. If you are used to kites like the Air Blast, where power shuts completely off,
      then the Rhino feel misleads you into thinking you're going to be at your limits when you get up and
      riding. This is not the case. The Rhino has huge range and you will be able to hold the power fine.
      It's my personal theory the kite is balanced more tail heavy than the Air Blast. This is my theory
      for the feel difference, and why the kites fall from the sky less than any other brand when you
      stuff a jump. A feature well worth it to me.

      Dwight

      > I am changing from 2001 Wipika to either North, Slingshot, Aero. One
      > thing I loved about the Airblast 8.4 was the incredible range this
      > kite has. The new kites seem more stable in the gusts but can anybody
      > comment on the wind range of these kites in say the 12 meter range?
      > Thanks!
    • seking5
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2002
        Thanks for the reply. Actually, I met the North designer last Sunday
        and he told me the new Toro (now being produced) fly much nicer than
        the Rhinos, but he didnt elaborate much, just told me to try both.
        Anyway, I will consider North seriously, thanks again.