Re: [ksurf] Rhino reply for Fabio

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 21, 2002
      In 10 knots on a wakeboard, I can jump 6 feet high. That's my bottom end fun.

      Dwight

      > Dwight,
      >
      > whats the botton end for you have fun with the rhino 16?
      > cheers
      > Fabio
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 21, 2002
        In about 8 knots I can jump 6 inches on a 1.38 Fridge Door, which is still
        fun because at least I am out cruising! :-))

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        Open 7 days
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
        Phone +61293157894

        In 10 knots on a wakeboard, I can jump 6 feet high. That's my bottom end
        fun.

        Dwight

        > Dwight,
        >
        > whats the botton end for you have fun with the rhino 16?
        > cheers
        > Fabio

      • Dwight & Jacky
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 22, 2002
          When the SB I ordered gets here I'll jump 8 inches.

          Dwight

          > In about 8 knots I can jump 6 inches on a 1.38 Fridge Door, which is still
          > fun because at least I am out cruising! :-))
          >
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > mailto:sydney@...
          > Open 7 days
          > Phone +61293157894

        • fabinhoj
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 22, 2002
            That´s nice!! tks guys !!
            I have a mach 1 15.1, and its fast as hell for my taste, I have to
            have more time in the water with this kite, and I think I could have
            fun as you guys in 8 to 10 knots.
            Its possible to cruise in 8 knots with a mach1 15.1 ? I know I can
            have fun in 20knots (amazing range)..
            cheers
            FAbio

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 22, 2002
              The first time I rode the F-one 15.1 it was 8 - 10 knots and I was on a FD
              1.38, went upwind and stayed out when everyone except a North 16.0 and a
              Wipika 2000 16.0 Free Air were the only other kites to make it out the back,
              the wind was dead onshore.
              Huge range, very fast kites, both in flight and turning.
              The Smorgasboard would have been better but I did not have one then.
              A couple of times I have tried a desperate jump in underpowered conditions
              and that SB won't come off the water easy if you flatten it before you jump,
              it just sucks to the surface, would have looked quite funny!! :-)

              Cya and
              Goodwinds
              Steve McCormack
              http://www.kitepower.com.au
              mailto:sydney@...
              126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
              Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
              Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
              * I have a mach 1 15.1, and its fast as hell for my taste, I have to
              * have more time in the water with this kite, and I think I could have
              * fun as you guys in 8 to 10 knots.
              * Its possible to cruise in 8 knots with a mach1 15.1 ? I know I can
              * have fun in 20knots (amazing range)..
              * cheers
              * FAbio
              *
              *
              * --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...> wrote:
              * > When the SB I ordered gets here I'll jump 8 inches.
              * >
              * > Dwight
              * >
              * >
              * > > In about 8 knots I can jump 6 inches on a 1.38 Fridge Door, which
              * is still
              * > > fun because at least I am out cruising! :-))
              * > >
              * > > Cya and
              * > > Goodwinds
              * > > Steve McCormack
              * > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
              * > > mailto:sydney@k...
              * > > Open 7 days
              * > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
              * > > Phone +61293157894
              * > >
              * > > Subject: Re: [ksurf] Rhino reply for Fabio
              * > >
              * > >
              * > > In 10 knots on a wakeboard, I can jump 6 feet high. That's my
              * bottom end
              * > > fun.
              * > >
              * > > Dwight
              * > >
              * > >
              * > > > Dwight,
              * > > >
              * > > > whats the botton end for you have fun with the rhino 16?
              * > > > cheers
              * > > > Fabio
              * > >
              * > >
              * > >
              * > > <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...>>>
              * > >
              * > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              * http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              * > >
              * > >
              * > >
              * > > <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...>>>
              * > >
              * > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              * http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              * > >
              * > >
              * > >
              *
              *
              * <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>
              *
              * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              *
              *
            • Tunico Lage
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 22, 2002
                Hi, I'm getting late in this discussion. I am using 3 North kites 16,4 -
                9,3 - 7,5 and a 170 F-One TT.
                The kites are fantastic and there is very little (or no) overlap. My weight
                is 80/85 kilos.
                The 16 I go from solid 10knots to 16/18 knots (very overpowered but
                possilble)
                The 9,3 I use from 18 to 25 knots (at 20 knots this is BY FAR the best kite
                I ever used in 3 years of kitesurfing...rocks upwind and jumps so high I get
                scared).
                Now I got a UG SM 148 and spect to get at least 3 less knots in the 16,4 low
                end. When the wind is around 14/16 I switch to a SS Skate Drake 147. It´s
                only 1 cm smaller but the rocker and shape makes it a much better hi wind
                board. Also, in my location 16/18 knots makes the water very choppy,
                unsuitable for the SB but perfect for the Skate. So I can hold the 16,4
                until 18knots when the 9,3 starts working. I used the 9,3 up to 25 feeling
                totally in control.
                I only have the 7,5 because I have a beach house were the wind often goes
                beyond 30/35 knots, and since I am a weekend kiter I want to be prepared for
                all possibilities.

                So, by having just 3 kites I can cover from 8knots to 35 +
                The point of having 2 boards is to extent the low end of the 16 with the SB
                and extent the hi end of the 16 with the Skate Drake. The other kites work
                well with the Drake in their intended wind range.

                I'm very satisfied with this quiver....BUT....
                If I start having fun at 8 knots with SB / North 16,4 (with a proj. area
                around 12m)....what kind of range will I get from a Flysurfer Wrarrior 20.5
                with the SB?
                6 knots ? 5 knots ?? 4 knots ???
                Or am I just day dreaming, just like when I ordered the first Naish 23,5 and
                sold it the next week????

                []'s
                Tunico

                > The first time I rode the F-one 15.1 it was 8 - 10 knots and I was on a FD
                > 1.38, went upwind and stayed out when everyone except a North 16.0 and a
                > Wipika 2000 16.0 Free Air were the only other kites to make it out the
                back,
                > the wind was dead onshore.
                > Huge range, very fast kites, both in flight and turning.
                > The Smorgasboard would have been better but I did not have one then.
                > A couple of times I have tried a desperate jump in underpowered conditions
                > and that SB won't come off the water easy if you flatten it before you
                jump,
                > it just sucks to the surface, would have looked quite funny!! :-)
                >
                > Cya and
                > Goodwinds
                > Steve McCormack
                > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                > mailto:sydney@...
                > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
                > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
                > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic

              • Dwight & Jacky
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 22, 2002
                  The 22.5 Rhino adds 3 knots to what you get with the 16m. It's a pretty good big kite. It turns good
                  enough on the same small bar I ride the 16 m with. I do have a pulley bar that is even more fun.
                  I've ridden it two full days. It's has better range than I expected. It turns better than I expected
                  too. I could jump 6 feet, but it was hard to bring the kite back forward quick enough for good
                  landings. It took some anticipation to get the kite forward in time. It's a better kite than the
                  16.4 Air Blast. It turns much better and has more power.

                  Dwight

                  > Hi, I'm getting late in this discussion. I am using 3 North kites 16,4 -
                  > 9,3 - 7,5 and a 170 F-One TT.
                  > The kites are fantastic and there is very little (or no) overlap. My weight
                  > is 80/85 kilos.
                  > The 16 I go from solid 10knots to 16/18 knots (very overpowered but
                  > possilble)
                  > The 9,3 I use from 18 to 25 knots (at 20 knots this is BY FAR the best kite
                  > I ever used in 3 years of kitesurfing...rocks upwind and jumps so high I get
                  > scared).
                  > Now I got a UG SM 148 and spect to get at least 3 less knots in the 16,4 low
                  > end. When the wind is around 14/16 I switch to a SS Skate Drake 147. It´s
                  > only 1 cm smaller but the rocker and shape makes it a much better hi wind
                  > board. Also, in my location 16/18 knots makes the water very choppy,
                  > unsuitable for the SB but perfect for the Skate. So I can hold the 16,4
                  > until 18knots when the 9,3 starts working. I used the 9,3 up to 25 feeling
                  > totally in control.
                  > I only have the 7,5 because I have a beach house were the wind often goes
                  > beyond 30/35 knots, and since I am a weekend kiter I want to be prepared for
                  > all possibilities.
                  >
                  > So, by having just 3 kites I can cover from 8knots to 35 +
                  > The point of having 2 boards is to extent the low end of the 16 with the SB
                  > and extent the hi end of the 16 with the Skate Drake. The other kites work
                  > well with the Drake in their intended wind range.
                  >
                  > I'm very satisfied with this quiver....BUT....
                  > If I start having fun at 8 knots with SB / North 16,4 (with a proj. area
                  > around 12m)....what kind of range will I get from a Flysurfer Wrarrior 20.5
                  > with the SB?
                  > 6 knots ? 5 knots ?? 4 knots ???
                  > Or am I just day dreaming, just like when I ordered the first Naish 23,5 and
                  > sold it the next week????
                  >
                  > []'s
                  > Tunico
                • Bruce Bruce
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 23, 2002
                    Hi had alook at your website
                    it has got flash - yuk
                    which takes ages to load
                    then I couldn't find any products
                    just thought i 'd give you feedback
                    --- Kitepower <kitepower@...> wrote:
                    > The first time I rode the F-one 15.1 it was 8 - 10
                    > knots and I was on a FD
                    > 1.38, went upwind and stayed out when everyone
                    > except a North 16.0 and a
                    > Wipika 2000 16.0 Free Air were the only other kites
                    > to make it out the back,
                    > the wind was dead onshore.
                    > Huge range, very fast kites, both in flight and
                    > turning.
                    > The Smorgasboard would have been better but I did
                    > not have one then.
                    > A couple of times I have tried a desperate jump in
                    > underpowered conditions
                    > and that SB won't come off the water easy if you
                    > flatten it before you jump,
                    > it just sucks to the surface, would have looked
                    > quite funny!! :-)
                    >
                    > Cya and
                    > Goodwinds
                    > Steve McCormack
                    > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                    > mailto:sydney@...
                    > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
                    > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
                    > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic

                    Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
                    http://movies.yahoo.com/
                  • Suntrax
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 24, 2002
                      Hi Bruce Bruce

                      Please be so kind as to take a look at our site and give us your comments,
                      we are always keen to get input from you the user as it's the only way we
                      can improve the site.

                      Many thanks

                      Brian

                      Brian Wilson
                      Suntrax
                      Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
                      cell; 0824656696
                      www.suntrax.co.za
                      suntrax@...

                      > > The first time I rode the F-one 15.1 it was 8 - 10
                      > > knots and I was on a FD
                      > > 1.38, went upwind and stayed out when everyone
                      > > except a North 16.0 and a
                      > > Wipika 2000 16.0 Free Air were the only other kites
                      > > to make it out the back,
                      > > the wind was dead onshore.
                      > > Huge range, very fast kites, both in flight and
                      > > turning.
                      > > The Smorgasboard would have been better but I did
                      > > not have one then.
                      > > A couple of times I have tried a desperate jump in
                      > > underpowered conditions
                      > > and that SB won't come off the water easy if you
                      > > flatten it before you jump,
                      > > it just sucks to the surface, would have looked
                      > > quite funny!! :-)
                      > >
                      > > Cya and
                      > > Goodwinds
                      > > Steve McCormack
                      > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                      > > mailto:sydney@...
                      > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
                      > > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
                      > > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
                      > > mailto:geelong@...
                    • kiteboarder77
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 24, 2002
                        A confirmation on the WT 147, THE BOARD!! it rocks!!

                        JB
                      • Kitepower
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 24, 2002
                          G'day Bruce bruce

                          Just because a site has Flash, does not mean it will be slow to load. I
                          agree that a lot of sites and designers do not make full use of Flash and
                          other technologies to reduce file sizes and design sites that are slow to
                          load.
                          If you could not find any products you were either at some other companies
                          site, or you are very inexperienced with computers and surfing the web,
                          which is strange since you recognised the site is utilizing some Flash.??
                          When you go to the Kitepower site and click enter, the entire website
                          framework loads to your computer, it is approx 275kb, tiny when you compare
                          to other sites.
                          Once the framework has loaded navigation is easy and instant, you do not
                          have to wait for each page to load like most websites.
                          The site has won awards for design, the designer, Brendan Downs, is the
                          creator of the Rip Curl Australian and US websites (he is working on the
                          Euro one now).
                          If you like good website design check this one of Brendans,
                          http://www.kikki-k.com.au/
                          It was the Winner of The Small Business Show's Brother Business Website
                          Awards 2001.

                          Each to his own though, but I can tell you it is the most successful website
                          I have been involved with, and I have had hundreds of compliments about it
                          and a few complaints like yours, usually from people that have some sort of
                          allergy to Flash!! ;-)

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 24, 2002
                            The verdict from everyone that has ridden it in Botany Bay is that it is one
                            of the best they have ever ridden.
                            Darren Marshall is still undecided whether he likes his Undergound 1.47 Flex
                            tip, or the 1.47 Wave tray, he wants to try it in more powered conditions in
                            surf.
                            I love the Wave Tray already and I think this can be the board I ride
                            virtually all the time, probably just keep a Smorgasboard for really light
                            days.
                            The things I like are the smooth ride, ease to transition from toeside to
                            heelside - no catchiness at all and a real carving feel to the board as the
                            tips flex, but the most impressive thing was how fast I could go through the
                            chop in Botany and I felt in control the board never felt like it would
                            break away. The stance and foot weighting is more centred too, a lot more
                            comfortable on my back.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 30, 2002
                              hi steve,

                              what type of straps do you use/recommend with the WT147 ?

                              mike

                            • callum_downie
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 30, 2002
                                Hi,
                                Steve has the NSi Koch straps on his WT147.
                                I have ridden the board and they are wicked - Placed my order for one
                                already.

                                later,
                                Callum

                              • Kitepower
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 4, 2002
                                  Sorry for the delayed reply Mike, I use the NSI Koch straps on all my
                                  boards, all our advanced lessons school/demo boards too.
                                  I never lose the board unless I want to or just huck into a jump trying some
                                  new technique, especially on port tack.
                                  These straps are revolutionary for the latest skate style tricks.