Kitesurf reel bars

  • aussie672002
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
      Has anyone used kite reelbars. I have a few launch site where space
      is rare and I am getting a bit sick of having 4 lines to untangle on
      every launch.

      Would be very interested on feedback specially on weight and how well
      they work.

      Regards
      Mark
    • kitework
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
        I bought a reelbar 2 years ago I have lot of fun with it when I
        playying around with a training kite , then I pick up a wipika 5.0
        and use it to do body drag , i can self launch in a small area , what
        I found about the reelbar is a good ideas but not useful as it look
        reason
        - To lauch the kite let the line out is good but if you try to
        reel in the line it is very hard
        - my reel bar is only for 2 lines mean no depower option
        ( all my kite are 4 lines)
        - it is a bit heavy if you crash and the bar hit your board it can
        damage your board easy

        I still have the reebar but i never use it to kitsurf I only use
        it to playing the traing kite on land or may be one day I go back to
        2 lines whoknow

        jojo

        - In kitesurf@y..., "aussie672002" <aussie672002@y...> wrote:
        > Has anyone used kite reelbars. I have a few launch site where space
        > is rare and I am getting a bit sick of having 4 lines to untangle
        on
        > every launch.
        >
        > Would be very interested on feedback specially on weight and how
        well
        > they work.
        >
        > Regards
        > Mark
      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
          A 2 line reel bar works great and very safe (especially at launch site
          where you don't have enough space to lay out all of your lines).

          To launch, just grab the kite and the bar, get in shallow water, drop
          the kite, release 10-15m of line and launch it before releasing the
          full length.

          If you want to launch on land, just set up your kite for launching
          normally, release 10-15m of line, launch the kite and get in the water
          before releasing the full length.

          For small kites, you can launch it by tossing it in the air.

          To land, just land the kite in shallow water, pull 10-15m of 1 line
          and reel the lines in, continue to do that until you can grab the kite
          before getting on land.

          With a reel bar you never have to fly the kite on land (or more than
          10-15m on land). This mean more safety for a crowded or tiny beach.

          I don't know how well a 4 line reel bar work (check with the 4 line
          reel bar manufacturers).

          With a real bar, you'll never curse your lines again.

          On the other hand, a reel bar may contain some metal parts that may
          harm you or your board in a bad crash (check the reel bar design
          carefully and make sure that no part can harm you or your board during
          a crash). The idea reel bar should have ALL the metal parts covered
          with protective foam.

          P.S., If you use a reel bar, just make sure you know how to build a
          safety system for it.

          Hung.

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "aussie672002" <aussie672002@y...> wrote:
          > Has anyone used kite reelbars. I have a few launch site where space
          > is rare and I am getting a bit sick of having 4 lines to untangle on
          > every launch.
          >
          > Would be very interested on feedback specially on weight and how
          well
          > they work.
          >
          > Regards
          > Mark
        • David San
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
            --- hungvuatnetcomdotca <hungvu@...> wrote:
            > A 2 line reel bar works great and very safe
            > (especially at launch site
            > where you don't have enough space to lay out all of
            > your lines).
            >
            > To launch, just grab the kite and the bar, get in
            > shallow water, drop
            > the kite, release 10-15m of line and launch it
            > before releasing the
            > full length.
            >
            > If you want to launch on land, just set up your kite
            > for launching
            > normally, release 10-15m of line, launch the kite
            > and get in the water
            > before releasing the full length.
            >
            > For small kites, you can launch it by tossing it in
            > the air.
            >
            > To land, just land the kite in shallow water, pull
            > 10-15m of 1 line
            > and reel the lines in, continue to do that until you
            > can grab the kite
            > before getting on land.
            >
            > With a reel bar you never have to fly the kite on
            > land (or more than
            > 10-15m on land). This mean more safety for a
            > crowded or tiny beach.
            >
            > I don't know how well a 4 line reel bar work (check
            > with the 4 line
            > reel bar manufacturers).
            >
            > With a real bar, you'll never curse your lines
            > again.
            >
            > On the other hand, a reel bar may contain some metal
            > parts that may
            > harm you or your board in a bad crash (check the
            > reel bar design
            > carefully and make sure that no part can harm you or
            > your board during
            > a crash). The idea reel bar should have ALL the
            > metal parts covered
            > with protective foam.
            >
            > P.S., If you use a reel bar, just make sure you know
            > how to build a
            > safety system for it.
            >
            > Hung.
            >
            > > Seen the Chinook reel bar on the windsurfing
            magazine,looks kinda like flowbee reel with 2 bars.
            DAVE

            http://sports.yahoo.com