Re: [ksurf] Knots in lines?????

  • macca_12002
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
      Cheers Steve

      Are you trying to get me devorced???

      Hammering the kitchen floor and the wife walks in !! Dosent bare to
      think of !! Och watch that thum ;o)

      Thanks for advice though, soapy water bit of wood and bradall did the
      trick

      Cheers Macca ;o)))

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > *
      > *
    • Kitepower

        * Is it best to leave really tight knots in your flying lines or try to
        * get them out, or has the damage allready been done !!
        *
        * Thanks Macca.
        *
        *
        * <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>
        *
        * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        *
        *
      • Kitepower
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
          Mate wait till she is close and then spit on the floor, it always gets a
          good reaction!! :-)))

          Cya and
          Goodwinds
          Steve McCormack
          http://www.kitepower.com.au
          mailto:sydney@...
          * --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
          * > No get them out, they are now the weak link in your kite control.
          * > Wet the line with spit/soapy water/detergent. Get a ball peen
          * hammer, the
          * > ones with a round end.
          * > Find a hard flat surface - glazed floor tiles are good, or any
          * smooth solid
          * > metal surface. Gently tap the knot with the round end of the
          * hammer, rotate
          * > and tap the knot from several positions, you should see it swell
          * and get
          * > bigger, you will now be able to carefully undo it. Using a darning
          * needle to
          * > open the knot after hitting it help if you have really short
          * fingernails.
          * >
          * > Cya and
          * > Goodwinds
          * > Steve McCormack
          * > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          * > mailto:sydney@k...
          * > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
          * > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
          * > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
          * > mailto:geelong@k...
          * >
          * > * Subject: [ksurf] Knots in lines?????
          * > *
          * > *
          * > * Hi
          * > *
[...]
        • throb_list
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
            Personally I find wiping my *#$% on the curtain gets ...... shit wait what am I talking about???

            Anyway Steve, that was a really useful tip... next time I get a knot I'll try it.

            Cheers

            Anthony