Re: Slingshot "skate" boards, Drake 147/Jarvis 157

  • dutchkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
      Did you sand yours?
      What's your experience using the Slingshots?

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "hernanhome" <HernanDeheza@f...> wrote:
      > --- In kitesurf@y..., "pluvious2002" <dcl@r...> wrote:
      > > Does anybody have any experience or opinions on these
      > boards? I'm
      > > considering the Jarvis 157 or the Drake 147.
      > >
      > > All responses appreciated.
      >

      > Be carefull with the edges. They are like a knife. I think that
      its a
      > good idea to sand them a little to set them rounder.
      > They are so sharp because construction. This sharpness has
      > nothing to do with the way they ride.
      > The edges of a custom wakeboard is softer.
      > Ride safe!!
      > Just my opinion.
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
        Approx 8 knots and you will be planing and staying upwind, no jumping. At 10
        knots you will be able to do small jumps, at 12 knots it is awesome, at
        around 15 -17 you will want to go home and cuddle your teddy bear! :-)
        Awesome kite great for high floaty jumps.

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
        Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
        Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2002
          Kitepower, thanks again for the input!!