Re: Slingshot "skate" boards, Drake 147/Jarvis 157

  • dutchkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1 8:11 AM
      I'm looking for one of these 2 boards too.

      I'm 72Kg(144pounds). Using a Rhino 16m or comparable, how much wind
      would I need to get going?
    • dutchkitesurfer
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1 8:19 AM
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "dutchkitesurfer" <shoekstra@z...> wrote:
        > I'm looking for one of these 2 boards too.
        >
        > I'm 72Kg(144pounds). Using a Rhino 16m or comparable, how much
        wind
        > would I need to get going?

        To be more specific:
        Using a Rhino 16m or comparable, how much wind
        would I need to get going on a Drake 147?

        I don't want to go for a Jarvis 157 because Slingshot says it's for
        heavy riders and the Drake 147 is more for all round purpose.

        How wide is a Drake 147? On the site its contradictive.
        One states 15,5(39.5cm) and the other 14.5(37cm). Which one is
        correct?
      • hernanhome
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1 9:19 AM
          --- In kitesurf@y..., "pluvious2002" <dcl@r...> wrote:
          > Does anybody have any experience or opinions on these
          boards? I'm
          > considering the Jarvis 157 or the Drake 147.
          >
          > All responses appreciated.

          Be carefull with the edges. They are like a knife. I think that its a
          good idea to sand them a little to set them rounder.
          They are so sharp because construction. This sharpness has
          nothing to do with the way they ride.
          The edges of a custom wakeboard is softer.
          Ride safe!!
          Just my opinion.
        • dutchkitesurfer
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1 9:54 AM
            Did you sand yours?
            What's your experience using the Slingshots?

            --- In kitesurf@y..., "hernanhome" <HernanDeheza@f...> wrote:
            > --- In kitesurf@y..., "pluvious2002" <dcl@r...> wrote:
            > > Does anybody have any experience or opinions on these
            > boards? I'm
            > > considering the Jarvis 157 or the Drake 147.
            > >
            > > All responses appreciated.
            >

            > Be carefull with the edges. They are like a knife. I think that
            its a
            > good idea to sand them a little to set them rounder.
            > They are so sharp because construction. This sharpness has
            > nothing to do with the way they ride.
            > The edges of a custom wakeboard is softer.
            > Ride safe!!
            > Just my opinion.
          • Kitepower
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1 2:12 PM
              Approx 8 knots and you will be planing and staying upwind, no jumping. At 10
              knots you will be able to do small jumps, at 12 knots it is awesome, at
              around 15 -17 you will want to go home and cuddle your teddy bear! :-)
              Awesome kite great for high floaty jumps.

              Cya and
              Goodwinds
              Steve McCormack
              http://www.kitepower.com.au
              mailto:sydney@...
              126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
              Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
              Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
              * > I'm looking for one of these 2 boards too.
              * >
              * > I'm 72Kg(144pounds). Using a Rhino 16m or comparable, how much
              * wind
              * > would I need to get going?
              *
              * To be more specific:
              * Using a Rhino 16m or comparable, how much wind
              * would I need to get going on a Drake 147?
              *
              * I don't want to go for a Jarvis 157 because Slingshot says it's for
              * heavy riders and the Drake 147 is more for all round purpose.
              *
              * How wide is a Drake 147? On the site its contradictive.
              * One states 15,5(39.5cm) and the other 14.5(37cm). Which one is
              * correct?
              *
              *
              *