Re: wipika Airblast 10

  • jasonjubert
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2002
      I just looked at the secondhand 10mAB. Must be a mark 1, it was
      Mylar and looked like it was starting to delaminate. I was not happy
      with it so did not buy it, it also was different colours to the ones
      shown on the Web site.

      Looks like I will be buying a new one after all unless anyone can
      tell me what kite of a similar size I am best spending my money on.

      Jason

      > --- In kitesurf@y..., "thecraw01" <thecraw@t...> wrote:
      > > I have had the opportunity to have both a first and second
      > > release 10mAB. The differences are quite dramatic. The second
      > > edition still does jellyfish when you fly it sheeted out, however
      > > this isnt to the extent of the first release. They have used
      > stiffer
      > > strut material apparently and this has also minimised the
      > > wingtip struts folding up.
      > >
      > > The kite has a huge range. I have been out with others on
      > > 15/16m kites when its light and others on 8.4m kites when its
      > > stronger. If you like travelling super fast then this one will
      get
      > you
      > > going. The turning is super quick and it boost well. I would stay
      > > clear of the series one kites and make sure you get a second
      > > release.
      > >
      > > I have had the most fun on this kite to date. The high aspect
      ratio
      > > and profile I think goes a long way towards the jellyfishing
      > effect,
      > > however its performance otherwise is superb.
      > >
      > > Paul C.
      > >

      > > --- In kitesurf@y..., "peter_frank_dk" <pf@4...> wrote:
      > > > That sounds odd - I've never seen a 10.0 with mylar either, but
      > > > apparently Steve M. had one series (prototypes ???)
      > > > So check it before buying !
      > > >
      > > > The jellyfishing is very evident on the 10.0 (compared to the
      > > 11.8
      > > > 2002) - But the speed and handling is so amazing, because of
      > > the
      > > > fast/thin profile - that I don't give a damn !!!
      > > > The ultra high aspect ratio kites will jellyfish more, when
      they
      > > have
      > > > thinner and faster profiles.
      > > >
      > > > But the performance is simply MAX'ed !
      > > >
      > > > :-) Peter Frank

      > > > exception
      > > called
      > > > even

      > > people that
      > > kite.
      > > the
      > > > 11.8

      > > back
      > > conscience

      > its

      > > Can
      > > > anyone
      > > front Tube

    • Carlo
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2002
        Why don't you go for the North 16 or Aero 14 / 16 ?

        I just looked at the secondhand 10mAB. Must be a mark 1, it was
        Mylar and looked like it was starting to delaminate. I was not happy
        with it so did not buy it, it also was different colours to the ones
        shown on the Web site.

        Looks like I will be buying a new one after all unless anyone can
        tell me what kite of a similar size I am best spending my money on.

        Jason

        > --- In kitesurf@y..., "thecraw01" <thecraw@t...> wrote:
        > > I have had the opportunity to have both a first and second
        > > release 10mAB. The differences are quite dramatic. The second
        > > edition still does jellyfish when you fly it sheeted out, however
        > > this isnt to the extent of the first release. They have used
        > stiffer
        > > strut material apparently and this has also minimised the
        > > wingtip struts folding up.
        > >
        > > The kite has a huge range. I have been out with others on
        > > 15/16m kites when its light and others on 8.4m kites when its
        > > stronger. If you like travelling super fast then this one will
        get
        > you
        > > going. The turning is super quick and it boost well. I would stay
        > > clear of the series one kites and make sure you get a second
        > > release.
        > >
        > > I have had the most fun on this kite to date. The high aspect
        ratio
        > > and profile I think goes a long way towards the jellyfishing
        > effect,
        > > however its performance otherwise is superb.
        > >
        > > Paul C.
        > >

        > > --- In kitesurf@y..., "peter_frank_dk" <pf@4...> wrote:
        > > > That sounds odd - I've never seen a 10.0 with mylar either, but
        > > > apparently Steve M. had one series (prototypes ???)
        > > > So check it before buying !
        > > >
        > > > The jellyfishing is very evident on the 10.0 (compared to the
        > > 11.8
        > > > 2002) - But the speed and handling is so amazing, because of
        > > the
        > > > fast/thin profile - that I don't give a damn !!!
        > > > The ultra high aspect ratio kites will jellyfish more, when
        they
        > > have
        > > > thinner and faster profiles.
        > > >
        > > > But the performance is simply MAX'ed !
        > > >
        > > > :-) Peter Frank

        > > > exception
        > > called
        > > > even

        > > people that
        > > kite.
        > > the
        > > > 11.8

        > > back
        > > conscience

        > its

        > > Can
        > > > anyone
        > > front Tube

      • callum_downie
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2002
          Or if you like a faster kite, like the AB 10.0 would be, perhaps a
          Airush 9.4 could be the go - made super strong as well

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/