Waterfoil - advice please

  • misterpauljarvis
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      I have just bought a second hand waterfoil and would like any advice
      any one has on launching, flying and landing this kite. It is set up
      on a control bar with the brake lines going to the centre depower
      loop. I will eventually use this for kitesurfing but this weekend
      will just spend time on land getting used to the kite. I currently
      fly a 3.0m Blade 2 on handles and a 6.5m Wipika on 2 lines on a bar.

      Thanks in anticipation, Paul.
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        You should have no trouble flying it, it is a foil after all.
        Some things that help though.
        Make sure the valves are clear and not stuck together, push a piece of 1"
        dowel down each one before attempting to inflate/launch.
        Try to get as much air in the kite before you launch.
        Sweep the kite from side to side after launch to assist with inflation.
        They are very prone to luffing, be careful if you are in winds that are
        gusty.
        Make sure your depower system works - when you let go of the bar in an
        emergency, the kite should fly backwards and sit on the ground, and not fly
        away and become a danger to others.
        They can be flown on handles for land use.
        You can cut the valves out and it flies better and stops luffing as much!
        Have fun, very powerful kite for its size, so be careful.
        Water re-launching is mediocre, be prepared to swim, if you drop it on the
        water a lot.

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
        Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
        Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
        *
        * Thanks in anticipation, Paul.
        *
        *
        * Support your local kitesurf association !
        *
        *
        * <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>
        *