Re: [ksurf] need some testing done

  • Dreadlord 2
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
      forget it Eric !!! having the thum on the left sux and it will take ages
      for people to load them with a smal modem..
      rather use a divided page for thumb and have no more than 10 thum per page..

      cheers

      Greg
      >Hey boy's and girls,
      >
      >I'm trying some new stuff on my server and need to know how this works and
      >how you guy's like this format for viewing images.
      >
      >Especially the guy's with modems
      >
      >check out
      >The pictures are not the best, they show a regular day at kite-beach.
      >
      >http://216.92.244.20/eric123/tester/
      >
      >any feedback is greatly appreciated
      >
      >Eric

      >Support your local kitesurf association !

    • dakite2001
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
        Thanks for the input

        Eric

        *** I already took the images down to 70 dpi 70% JPG

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesicko" <deejay@z...> wrote:
        > G'Day Eric,
        >
        > I use a 56kbps modem and usually get a decent speed but I found the
        > slide show intolerably slow to download. The image quality is
        great
        > but I think you would be better off maybe breaking them into
        smaller
        > slide shows and using Power Point or somethig that can shrink the
        > images down a bit.
        >
        > Just my humble opinion.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Darren Marshall
        > Australian Kiteboarding School.com
        >

        > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Eric Hertsens" <eric@c...> wrote:
        > > Hey boy's and girls,
        > >
        > > I'm trying some new stuff on my server and need to know how this
        > works and how you guy's like this format for viewing images.
        > >
        > > Especially the guy's with modems
        > >
        > > check out
        > > The pictures are not the best, they show a regular day at kite-
        > beach.
        > >
        > > http://216.92.244.20/eric123/tester/
        > >
        > > any feedback is greatly appreciated
        > >
        > > Eric

      • dakite2001
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
          Thanks Carlos,

          It looks like it works fine and the format is good for both modem and
          dsl