Re: Cabarete getting too busy ?

  • cfglazier
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesnowboarder" <kitesnowboarder@y...> wrote:
      > i was told second hand from a freind that he went to Cab. recently
      > and it is rediculisly busy
      > he had to go way away from kitebeach to kite

      Dan
      I was there a few weeks ago and it was busy at times. Although it
      was not nearly as bad as kitebeach at Maui.

      Cabarete kitebeach has a long and wide beach for laying out lines so
      there was always room to launch. And any experienced kitesurfer can
      easily get away from the crowd and have plenty of room. Overall I
      would rate it an excellent kitesurfing spot.

      Chris G
    • dakite2001
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1 7:23 AM
        Everybody sticks to kite beach and that makes it verry busy, but if
        you sail upwind for 3 minutes you will be sailing alone.

        Eric

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesnowboarder" <kitesnowboarder@y...> wrote:
        > i was told second hand from a freind that he went to Cab. recently
        > and it is rediculisly busy
        > he had to go way away from kitebeach to kite
        > does anyone have any more info on that
        > is it getting way too busy or what
        > i would like to go check it out soon too if it is not too crazy
        > if it is i will go back to aruba ( like 6 kiters on the entire
        Island
        > with perfect choice of glass flat water or waves )
        >

        > Dan Sheridan
        > http://www.kitesnowboarding.net
        > Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
        > North America's number 1 online
        > gear shop for kitesnowboarders
        > Kitesurfing gear too !!!
        > Email: dan@k...
        > Phone: 416 818 6787
      • stonini
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 26 1:16 PM
          l was in cabarete earlier this month and I can tell you it was a pain in the ass with the crowd problem.

          The problem is that the best conditions, ie. where the water is not overly choppy, are in a small area - and the reef on the outside can be real gnarly, so not really an option for trying stuff unless you really know the spot.

          Steve

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "dakite2001" <eric@h...> wrote:
          > Everybody sticks to kite beach and that makes it verry busy, but if
          > you sail upwind for 3 minutes you will be sailing alone.
          >
          > Eric
          >
          > --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesnowboarder" <kitesnowboarder@y...> wrote:
          > > i was told second hand from a freind that he went to Cab. recently
          > > and it is rediculisly busy
          > > he had to go way away from kitebeach to kite
          > > does anyone have any more info on that
          > > is it getting way too busy or what
          > > i would like to go check it out soon too if it is not too crazy
          > > if it is i will go back to aruba ( like 6 kiters on the entire
          > Island
          > > with perfect choice of glass flat water or waves )
          > >

          > > Dan Sheridan
          > > http://www.kitesnowboarding.net
          > > Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
          > > North America's number 1 online
          > > gear shop for kitesnowboarders
          > > Kitesurfing gear too !!!
          > > Email: dan@k...
          > > Phone: 416 818 6787
        • dakite2001
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 26 1:40 PM
            Like I said before, sail 3 minutes upwind and you are alone

            check
            http://view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?5E9ZVKX58QXKF

            and you will see

            Eric

            --- In kitesurf@y..., "stonini" <stonini@y...> wrote:
            > l was in cabarete earlier this month and I can tell you it was a
            pain in the ass with the crowd problem.

            > The problem is that the best conditions, ie. where the water is not
            overly choppy, are in a small area - and the reef on the outside can
            be real gnarly, so not really an option for trying stuff unless you
            really know the spot.

            > Steve
            >
            > --- In kitesurf@y..., "dakite2001" <eric@h...> wrote:
            > > Everybody sticks to kite beach and that makes it verry busy, but
            if
            > > you sail upwind for 3 minutes you will be sailing alone.
            > >
            > > Eric
            > >
            > > --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesnowboarder" <kitesnowboarder@y...>
            wrote:
            > > > i was told second hand from a freind that he went to Cab.
            recently
            > > > and it is rediculisly busy
            > > > he had to go way away from kitebeach to kite
            > > > does anyone have any more info on that
            > > > is it getting way too busy or what
            > > > i would like to go check it out soon too if it is not too crazy
            > > > if it is i will go back to aruba ( like 6 kiters on the entire
            > > Island
            > > > with perfect choice of glass flat water or waves )
            > > >

            > > > Dan Sheridan
            > > > http://www.kitesnowboarding.net
            > > > Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
            > > > North America's number 1 online
            > > > gear shop for kitesnowboarders
            > > > Kitesurfing gear too !!!
            > > > Email: dan@k...
            > > > Phone: 416 818 6787
          • Kitepower
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26 2:30 PM
              I like the pics of the board abusing criminals, the world needs to know
              these people are out there, damn boardophiles!

              Cya and
              Goodwinds
              Steve McCormack
              http://www.kitepower.com.au
              mailto:sydney@...
              126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
              Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
              Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
              * Like I said before, sail 3 minutes upwind and you are alone
              *
              * check
              * http://view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?5E9ZVKX58QXKF
              *
              * and you will see
              *
              * Eric
              *
              * --- In kitesurf@y..., "stonini" <stonini@y...> wrote:
              * > l was in cabarete earlier this month and I can tell you it was a
              * pain in the ass with the crowd problem.
              * >
              * > The problem is that the best conditions, ie. where the water is not
              * overly choppy, are in a small area - and the reef on the outside can
              * be real gnarly, so not really an option for trying stuff unless you
              * really know the spot.
              * >
              * > Steve
              * >
              * > --- In kitesurf@y..., "dakite2001" <eric@h...> wrote:
              * > > Everybody sticks to kite beach and that makes it verry busy, but
              * if
              * > > you sail upwind for 3 minutes you will be sailing alone.
              * > >
              * > > Eric
              * > >
              * wrote:
              * > > > i was told second hand from a freind that he went to Cab.
              * recently
              * > > > and it is rediculisly busy
              * > > > he had to go way away from kitebeach to kite
              * > > > does anyone have any more info on that
              * > > > is it getting way too busy or what
              * > > > i would like to go check it out soon too if it is not too crazy
              * > > > if it is i will go back to aruba ( like 6 kiters on the entire
              * > > Island
              * > > > with perfect choice of glass flat water or waves )
              * > > >
              * > > >
              * > > > Dan Sheridan
              * > > > http://www.kitesnowboarding.net
              * > > > Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
              * > > > North America's number 1 online
              * > > > gear shop for kitesnowboarders
              * > > > Kitesurfing gear too !!!
              * > > > Email: dan@k...
              * > > > Phone: 416 818 6787
              *
              *
              * <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>
              *
              * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              *
              *
            • kitesnowboarder
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 26 3:40 PM
                Thanx for the info everyone
                i think i will skip caberete, i have been getting a lot of responce
                on the crowded side
                i will head down to kite with Eli in Antigua next winter
                it is the same price for a flight there from Toronto to antiqua as
                D.R.
                i hate crowds, i can kite fine, i don't like crowds thats all
                esspecially kiting,
                i don't care about night life at all when i am on vacation, i get all
                i need up here in Canada
                i go to kite, and to get away from crowds
                Aruba or Antigua are my choice spots for my next kite trip for shure
                thanx for the info guys

                Dan Sheridan
                http://www.kitesnowboarding.net
                http://www.kitesurfingcanada.com
                Serving you right, saving you money.
                Email: dan@...
                Phone: 416 818 6787

                --- In kitesurf@y..., "stonini" <stonini@y...> wrote:
                > l was in cabarete earlier this month and I can tell you it was a
                pain in the ass with the crowd problem.

                > The problem is that the best conditions, ie. where the water is not
                overly choppy, are in a small area - and the reef on the outside can
                be real gnarly, so not really an option for trying stuff unless you
                really know the spot.

                > Steve
                >
                > --- In kitesurf@y..., "dakite2001" <eric@h...> wrote:
                > > Everybody sticks to kite beach and that makes it verry busy, but
                if
                > > you sail upwind for 3 minutes you will be sailing alone.
                > >
                > > Eric
                > >
                > > --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesnowboarder" <kitesnowboarder@y...>
                wrote:
                > > > i was told second hand from a freind that he went to Cab.
                recently
                > > > and it is rediculisly busy
                > > > he had to go way away from kitebeach to kite
                > > > does anyone have any more info on that
                > > > is it getting way too busy or what
                > > > i would like to go check it out soon too if it is not too crazy
                > > > if it is i will go back to aruba ( like 6 kiters on the entire
                > > Island
                > > > with perfect choice of glass flat water or waves )
                > > >

                > > > Dan Sheridan
                > > > http://www.kitesnowboarding.net
                > > > Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
                > > > North America's number 1 online
                > > > gear shop for kitesnowboarders
                > > > Kitesurfing gear too !!!
                > > > Email: dan@k...
                > > > Phone: 416 818 6787
              • flygirl93402
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 26 4:24 PM
                  People that can go upwind have no problems in Cabarete. All one has
                  to do is go out past the reef, or go upwind/downwind all you're
                  virtually by yourself. Also, the other Bay (far end of cabarete bay,
                  Bozo beach where the World Cup is held) is uncrowded. March was
                  busy because the german kiteboarding magazine was here testing
                  equipment with 22 people. First 30 meters can be crowded with
                  beginners.

                  Marina