Re: Airush - sizing - another ?

  • kitesicko
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2002
      G'Day Steffano,

      I am no designer, only a rider, but when I was speaking to Ben last
      night, he suggested that the model numbers were more a true projected
      area and that is why you get differing sizes not directly in line
      with a given dividend. When you think about it, how can every kite
      have the exact projected area by dividing by the one number as all of
      the kites have different aspect ratios and trailing edge designs etc.

      As I have said before, Bruno never claimed that the 1.36 gave
      projected area, it was what he referred to as "Usueable area" as I
      understand it. So all this talk about projected area is a load of
      baloney anyway because every kite manufacturer measures their kites
      differently and this goes for AR as well.

      Hope this helps

      Darren Marshall
      Australian Kiteboarding School
      http://www.australiankiteboardingschool.com