Re: need some testing done

  • wipika_ab
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
      Hi Eric

      Looks great to me... fast upload of the images and easy to find them!

      Carlos

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Eric Hertsens" <eric@c...> wrote:
      > Hey boy's and girls,
      >
      > I'm trying some new stuff on my server and need to know how this
      works and how you guy's like this format for viewing images.

      > Especially the guy's with modems
      >
      > check out
      > The pictures are not the best, they show a regular day at kite-
      beach.

      > http://216.92.244.20/eric123/tester/
      >
      > any feedback is greatly appreciated
      >
      > Eric

    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
        Works well, especially the slide show with a cable connection, I tried it on
        2 secs and it was fine.

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        Open 7 days
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
        Phone +61293157894

        Jojo Carneiro; Ingrid Tiboel; galou brunhes; Eric Wipika Beaudonat;
        Christopher TASTI; christof Ivanof; Brent Skip Schippidinni; Bill Stark;
        ari; Antonio Vento; Pieter Vanermen; Yahoo kite E Group; strapatone;
        Rebeca; Patrik; me; Karim; Gilles
        Subject: [ksurf] need some testing done

        Hey boy's and girls,

        I'm trying some new stuff on my server and need to know how this works and
        how you guy's like this format for viewing images.

        Especially the guy's with modems

        check out
        The pictures are not the best, they show a regular day at kite-beach.

        http://216.92.244.20/eric123/tester/

        any feedback is greatly appreciated

        Eric

      • Eric Hertsens

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
            G'Day Eric,

            I use a 56kbps modem and usually get a decent speed but I found the
            slide show intolerably slow to download. The image quality is great
            but I think you would be better off maybe breaking them into smaller
            slide shows and using Power Point or somethig that can shrink the
            images down a bit.

            Just my humble opinion.

            Regards,

            Regards,

            Darren Marshall
            Australian Kiteboarding School.com

            --- In kitesurf@y..., "Eric Hertsens" <eric@c...> wrote:
            > Hey boy's and girls,
            >
            > I'm trying some new stuff on my server and need to know how this
            works and how you guy's like this format for viewing images.

            > Especially the guy's with modems
            >
            > check out
            > The pictures are not the best, they show a regular day at kite-
            beach.

            > http://216.92.244.20/eric123/tester/
            >
            > any feedback is greatly appreciated
            >
            > Eric

          • Dreadlord 2
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
              forget it Eric !!! having the thum on the left sux and it will take ages
              for people to load them with a smal modem..
              rather use a divided page for thumb and have no more than 10 thum per page..

              cheers

              Greg
              >Hey boy's and girls,
              >
              >I'm trying some new stuff on my server and need to know how this works and
              >how you guy's like this format for viewing images.
              >
              >Especially the guy's with modems
              >
              >check out
              >The pictures are not the best, they show a regular day at kite-beach.
              >
              >http://216.92.244.20/eric123/tester/
              >
              >any feedback is greatly appreciated
              >
              >Eric

              >Support your local kitesurf association !

            • dakite2001
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
                Thanks for the input

                Eric

                *** I already took the images down to 70 dpi 70% JPG

                --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesicko" <deejay@z...> wrote:
                > G'Day Eric,
                >
                > I use a 56kbps modem and usually get a decent speed but I found the
                > slide show intolerably slow to download. The image quality is
                great
                > but I think you would be better off maybe breaking them into
                smaller
                > slide shows and using Power Point or somethig that can shrink the
                > images down a bit.
                >
                > Just my humble opinion.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Darren Marshall
                > Australian Kiteboarding School.com
                >

                > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Eric Hertsens" <eric@c...> wrote:
                > > Hey boy's and girls,
                > >
                > > I'm trying some new stuff on my server and need to know how this
                > works and how you guy's like this format for viewing images.
                > >
                > > Especially the guy's with modems
                > >
                > > check out
                > > The pictures are not the best, they show a regular day at kite-
                > beach.
                > >
                > > http://216.92.244.20/eric123/tester/
                > >
                > > any feedback is greatly appreciated
                > >
                > > Eric

              • dakite2001
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
                  Thanks Carlos,

                  It looks like it works fine and the format is good for both modem and
                  dsl