[ksurf] Re: curved bar

  • mike kaminskas
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 1999
      From: srosso@... <srosso@...>
      To: kitesurf@egroups.com <kitesurf@egroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 9:18 AM
      Subject: [ksurf] curved bar

      >Attached is a pic of the control bars I use. They are made with old
      >windsurfer booms. Obviously there is room for improvement in the curvature
      >and length that is used, but i am very happy with the way these are
      >working.
      >
      >Of course it is better to put these pictures on the web (in the Egroups
      >Kitesurf Vault for example)
      >
      >anyway, what kites have you used this with ?

      I use these bars for flexifoil 3.3, 4.9, and 7.2 even though these kites
      may be used as two line kites, I use them with four lines as they are
      intended. By rotating the curved bar it is possible to apply the brakes
      while turning the kite, launching, or to power up the kite in light spots
      while sailing.