X2 to replace ARX

  • wipirider
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hi Guys

      Thought you would like to no that the new NAISH X2 will be replacing
      the NAISH ARX in April. I would just like to know what happens to
      all the guys that buy ARX's from now till April do the retailers
      advice them on the change to the X2. Or leave it up to them to do
      there homework?

      Regards
    • Robin Zwissler
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
        Wipirider, there is a very interesting statement on my site (the one at
        the bottom):

        http://www.kite-surf.com/news/archiv.php3?param=308&archiv=yes

        Robin
        www.kite-surf.com - the kiteboard news leader
      • wipirider
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
          Trust me its true I've spoken to the NAISH dealer here in my
          country. It should be out in April.

          Cya

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "Robin Zwissler" <robin@k...> wrote:
          > Wipirider, there is a very interesting statement on my site (the
          one at
          > the bottom):
          >
          > http://www.kite-surf.com/news/archiv.php3?param=308&archiv=yes
          >

          > Robin
          > www.kite-surf.com - the kiteboard news leader
        • Kitepower
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
            I'm really curious to know what people think a dealer should do?
            Its not like people have not been having fun with their reliable ARX's, so
            if a person came into my store just wanting to get into it now, should I try
            to talk him into waiting because there is a new model coming out?
            I don't think so?
            Should I discount them now?
            By how much of the margin I have in them, as a percentage?
            Below cost?
            Why?

            Cya and
            Goodwinds
            Steve McCormack
            http://www.kitepower.com.au
            mailto:sydney@...
            126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
            Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
            Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
            * Thought you would like to no that the new NAISH X2 will be replacing
            * the NAISH ARX in April. I would just like to know what happens to
            * all the guys that buy ARX's from now till April do the retailers
            * advice them on the change to the X2. Or leave it up to them to do
            * there homework?
            *
            * Regards
            *
            *
            *
            * Support your local kitesurf association !
            *
            *
            * <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>
            *
            * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            *
            *
          • Andre Myburgh
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
              Steve,

              > I'm really curious to know what people think a dealer should
              > do?

              A post from you without reference to fake rubber products deserves a reply
              ;-) I can't put myself in a dealer's shoes, but here's what I think a
              potential customer would prefer.

              > if a person came into my store just
              > wanting to get into it now, should I try to talk him into
              > waiting because there is a new model coming out?

              No dealer can be expected to talk a potential buyer out of buying. But
              honesty is what will bring that buyer back to your shop. A guy would at
              least want to know about the X2. You could explain that there is rumor
              (until you hear it from Naish directly, that's what it is) of a new model
              that might be released in April. Most first time buyers will not want to
              wait until April anyway.

              > Should I discount them now? By how much of the
              > margin I have in them, as a percentage? Below cost? Why?

              Not now, but if you end up with a few ARX's when the X2's released, you'll
              have to drop the price (that's if the X2 aren't more expensive). Not below
              cost, but just enough to make them sell. Over here it's easy - new kites are
              always more expensive - so the 'old' models still sell.

              Later

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2002
                Have you seen the pic of our genuine rubber chook in the Kitepower Australia
                folder, its way better than the gay screeching ones they torture in the new
                video Fluid Revolvingtoomuch?
                Awesome eh?

                I posted my series of questions in answer to what looked like a dangerous
                post to reply to, as a bit of a joke, I did notice no other kite dealer
                tackled it though!! :-)))

                New kites are always coming out, even the Naish ARX's have had several
                changes over the last year, the very latest ones are made from polyfuse, so
                I think the fact a new model is coming out is largely irrelevant to most
                buyers at beginner level.
                If an experienced 4 line flyer was enquiring I would mention the X2, the
                choice to wait would then be theirs. My No 1 rule is treat everyone like I
                would like to be treated, even if revealing a truth or facts hurts the hip
                pocket initially!
                Check the huge list of NEW discounted gear on my website - in the
                KITEBOARDING section, click the flashing "kiteboarding FAQ"
                Any remaining ARX's in stock when the X2 is released will be added to the
                list, with a decent discount!

[...]
                * >
                * > Cya and
                * > Goodwinds
                * > Steve McCormack
                * > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                * > mailto:sydney@...
                * > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
                * > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
                * > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
                * > mailto:geelong@...
                * >
                * > * Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2002 9:30
                * > * To: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
                * > * Subject: [ksurf] X2 to replace ARX
                * > *
                * > *
                * > * Hi Guys
                * > *