RE: [ksurf] Rhino 16 + 9.3 72KG 8knots-9m/s-Windforce 3
- I would be more inclined to the Underground 1.49TT or the Litewave pitbull,
as I am familiar with them.
We do not get a lot of the boards you can get over there.
The Underground 1.59 might be a better option as it will have decent bottom
end range, but if you can/prefer to sail well powered the 1.49 will suit the
conditions you speak about.
126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
* -----Original Message-----
* From: dutchkitesurfer [mailto:shoekstra@...]
* Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2002 12:05
* To: email@example.com
* Subject: Re: [ksurf] Rhino 16 + 9.3 72KG 8knots-9m/s-Windforce 3
* First: thanks for ythe quick answer. I'm getting a lot of useful
* I can get almost any board, when I'm willing to travel or let it be
* send to me.
* On a german forum "http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de/" I asked the same
* question. A couple of advises came and told me to get a 150-160
* board and about 37-38 wide. So about the same.
* Because of these advices, I've allready decided to get a smaller
* board instead of an Olry 175.
* What specific board could you advice?
* I will be kitesurfing at sea a lot, so the board should also be
* excellent for smaller waves and still capable of going upwind
* because of strong currents.
* As I understand it's more about width and not length?
* What about a "Wipika Eclipse 159" or an "Underground TT 159". Also
* still to big? "LW 148 Pitbull" ?
* --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
* > Keep a big board for the light wind days, but you need to go way
* shorter, to
* > be able to get the most out of those 2 kites.
* > I am approx 70kg, I use a 1.41M Underground LT as my standard
* board, I only
* > move onto something with more surface area if I cannot keep the
* > well powered.
* > What short boards, with sharp rails, and very little volume can
* you get
* > where you are.?
* > Cya and
* > Goodwinds
* > Steve McCormack
* > http://www.kitepower.com.au
* > mailto:sydney@k...
* > Open 7 days
* > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
* > Phone +61293157894
* > -----Original Message-----
* > From: dutchkitesurfer [mailto:shoekstra@z...]
* > Sent: 01 February, 2002 9:14 AM
* > To: kitesurf@y...
* > Subject: [ksurf] Rhino 16 + 9.3 72KG 8knots-9m/s-Windforce 3
* > I've sold al my 2000/2001 gear(Orly 186/Wipika Freeairs). Next week
* > I'll be getting a 16 and 9.3 Rhino.
* > My weight is 72 Kg. Level is intermediate/advanced and want to
* > kitesurf(cruise) from 8knots-9m/s and up, like yesterday. But the
* > board should still be controllable when riding the Rhino 16m
* > at "full" power with my weight of "only" 72 Kilo. About half of the
* > time I'm kitesurfing it's at sea(Northsea, Zeeland/Netherlands,
* > mostly little swell(up to 2 meter))
* > I've a difficult time in determining what seize the board should
* > because my first board was to fast too big: BIC Airflow 215. The
* > second was a lot better: Wipika Orly 186. But still too big.
* > Especially using a kite in the seize of 13 to 16m. I'm worried that
* > I will be getting a too big board again. Also I've heard that a 16m
* > Rhino can be best be controlled by the board and not by
* > At first instance I'm thinking of a Wipika Orly 175. Please give me
* > your opinion/Idea's/Advice!!
* > Support your local kitesurf association !
* > <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...>>>
* > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
* Support your local kitesurf association !
* <<<to unsubscribe send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org>>>
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/