[ksurf] Blade Handles

  • ja35@gte.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 30, 1999
      Can anyone that flys a blade tell me if you have had handle problems? I
      read on the Flexifoil web site, some guy using a blade 4.9 had his top
      line attachments break due to the holes in the new Blade handles. The
      problem is that the holes in the handles have sharp edges, that cut. If
      that happend on a Blade 4.9 than what about a Blade 7.2 I have a 7.2
      and I have filed the break line holes smooth, but I can't get to the
      top holes without destroying the grips. Any ideas? P.S. has anyone else
      flown A Blade 7.2?

      Thanks for any help,

      John Adams
    • speleopower@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30, 1999
        speleopowe-@... wrote: I've flown the 7.2 and had problems with
        the handles myself. You might want to consider using a heavier line
        for greater abrasion resistance or pulling apart the grips and redoing
        the whole set up.
        I thought the Blade 7.2 was slow to react. I was in what I thought was
        optimal wind conditions for that kite.
        later
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=4690
        > Can anyone that flys a blade tell me if you have had handle problems?
        > read on the Flexifoil web site, some guy using a blade 4.9 had his top
        > line attachments break due to the holes in the new Blade handles. The
        > problem is that the holes in the handles have sharp edges, that cut.
        If
        > that happend on a Blade 4.9 than what about a Blade 7.2 I have a 7.2
        > and I have filed the break line holes smooth, but I can't get to the
        > top holes without destroying the grips. Any ideas? P.S. has anyone
        else
        > flown A Blade 7.2?
        >

        > Thanks for any help,
        >
        > John Adams

      • Michel Montmigny
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2 6:36 AM
          Just to send me a personnal Email about Handles.
          We have all new handles specially designed for kitesurfers and nothing will break on those and they are lighter than everything on the market.
          We use handles +30 and -30 degrees

          Michel Montminy
          http://www.conceptair.com
          201 bld Tadoussac
          Canton-Tremblay, Qc
          G7H 5A8
          the handles myself.  You might want to consider using a heavier line
          for greater abrasion resistance or pulling apart the grips and redoing
          the whole set up.
          I thought the Blade 7.2 was slow to react.  I was in what I thought was
          optimal wind conditions for that kite.
          later
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=4690
          > Can anyone that flys a blade tell me if you have had handle problems?
          > read on the Flexifoil web site, some guy using a blade 4.9 had his top
          > line attachments break due to the holes in the new Blade handles. The
          > problem is that the holes in the handles have sharp edges, that cut.
          If
          > that happend on a Blade 4.9 than what about a Blade 7.2 I have a 7.2
          > and I have filed the break line holes smooth, but I can't get to the
          > top holes without destroying the grips. Any ideas? P.S. has anyone
          else
          > flown A Blade 7.2?
          >

          >                            Thanks for any help,
          >
          >                                   John Adams

          Vote, MTV Video Music Awards: vma.mtv.com
        • pascal.vertanessian@fnca.credit-agricole
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3 2:56 AM
            > Just to send me a personnal Email about Handles.
            > We have all new handles specially designed for kitesurfers and
            nothing will break on those and they are lighter than everything on the
            market.
            > We use handles +30 and -30 degrees

            Hi Michel,
            What does "specially designed for kitesurfers" meens ?

            Thanks
            Pascal
          • fishersfort@ibm.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3 3:10 AM
              I have a one of his kites, the handles are plastic, they float, and are very
              nice.

              | > Just to send me a personnal Email about Handles.
              | > We have all new handles specially designed for kitesurfers and
              | nothing will break on those and they are lighter than everything on the
              | market.
              | > We use handles +30 and -30 degrees
              |
              | Hi Michel,
              | What does "specially designed for kitesurfers" meens ?
              |
              | Thanks
              | Pascal

            • Michel Montmigny
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 7 6:44 AM
                Hello Pascal,

                "Specially" made for kitesurfing mean:

                That we do make our own handles for TRACTION kites since 1991 and since that time, a lot of change have been made.
                We do develop it from our experience and the pilots need.
                Now with kitesurfing, and due to the fact that we do promote the sport with handles we had to think and make handles that will give good service to the users.

                So they are brighters colours, they float, the rubber grip will not slip after a while, they are very confortable the rope from the handles are longers to make it easier and safer to use.

                Kitesurfing make the equipment efficiency very important and we are aware of it.

                Have nice breeze and fly safe

                Michel Montminy
                http://www.conceptair.com
                201 bld Tadoussac
                Canton-Tremblay, Qc
                G7H 5A8

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 7 6:49 AM

                  I am happy that the regular one make you happy but ,
                  The all very new  WAVE handles are a lot better for water purpose.

                  Have nice breeze and fly safe

                  Michel Montminy
                  http://www.conceptair.com
                  201 bld Tadoussac
                  Canton-Tremblay, Qc
                  G7H 5A8
                  I have a one of his kites, the handles are plastic, they float, and are very
                  nice.

                  | > Just to send me a personnal Email about Handles.
                  | > We have all new handles specially designed for kitesurfers and
                  | nothing will break on those and they are lighter than everything on the
                  | market.
                  | > We use handles +30 and -30 degrees
                  |
                  | Hi Michel,
                  | What does "specially designed for kitesurfers" meens ?
                  |
                  | Thanks
                  | Pascal

                • John Adams
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 7 7:34 AM
                    Dear Michel,

                    I am interested in buying your handles, I need the handles for my Blade 7.2  I use it for Kitesurfing. The handles that came with the Blade are no good because, the holes where the line attachments go through are to sharp, they cut the line attachments. I need handles that are big enough for the size of a kite like the Blade 7.2  Im also interested in getting replacement handles for my Skytiger Hi 40. Please let me know how I can buy these handles. I tried calling the toll free phone number, but nobody spoke english. Can we do the deal through credit card? Please let me know.

                                                                                Thank you,  John Adams      P.O. Box 1308
                                                                                                                        Pacific Palisades, Ca
                                                                                                                            90272

                    > Just to send me a personnal Email about Handles.
                    > We have all new handles specially designed for kitesurfers and
                    nothing will break on those and they are lighter than everything on the
                    market.
                    > We use handles +30 and -30 degrees

                    Hi Michel,
                    What does "specially designed for kitesurfers" meens ?

                    Thanks
                    Pascal

                    Real Guide - MP3 of the day
                  • Michel Montmigny
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 7 8:48 AM
                      Hello John,

                      thank you for your interest.

                      Are you doing kitesurf with both sails?

                      We have the WAVE handles(water) $59.00 Can
                      and the land handles   $39.00

                      No problems with VISA and I can send it very fast.

                      Any others questions? dont hesitate.

                      Michel Montminy
                      http://www.conceptair.com
                      201 bld Tadoussac
                      Canton-Tremblay, Qc
                      G7H 5A8

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 7 12:17 PM
                        Thank you to use our business email to respect conventions of this list.

                        Have nice breeze

                        Michel Montminy
                        http://www.conceptair.com
                        201 bld Tadoussac