control bars: sorta COM

  • kitesnowboarder
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2002
      guys i need input
      here is the current situation
      regular 2002 bars for kites are running about $130-$140 retail
      i have an opportuinity to purchase 100 bars at a great price
      these bars ar last years reride bars but 1 inch diameter with chicken
      loop hole and leaders
      so taking into account that new bars are around $140 to buy
      what would these bars be worth to you buyers
      tell me your input on that
      give me a price you would be willing to pay for these bars
      i am thinking in the range of $70-$90
      a savings of $50 off of the new bars
      these bars are perfect condition no problems
      i have to buy a minimum of 100 bars to get em cheap
      i want your input to know if it is worth it to purchase all these bars
      here is the question and i would like honest answers
      how much would you pay for these bars
      i will take evryones answers and average the amounts out and see if
      it is worth it for me
      email me directly to not bug the group
      my eamil: dan@...
      i am trying every angle to bring the prices down on stuff for you
      riders
      i know what it is like to buy new equipment and almost keel over from
      price shock
      Later

      Dan Sheridan
      www.kitesnowboarding.net
      Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
      North America's number 1 online
      gear shop for kitesnowboarders
      Kitesurfing gear too !!!
      Email: dan@...
      Phone: 416 818 6787
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2002
        Why tie up $5000 on an item that people rarely buy, remember each inflato
        comes with one and a lot of foils do too.?
        I find people will buy a Longhorn (occasionally!) or some other exotic bar
        if they get to try them, and then these people try to sell their stock bar,
        which they find quite hard to do.
        I tell them to keep it and sell the bar when they sell the kite or trade it
        in, same with lines, fly on the best like Q-Power, keep the stock ones and
        sell when updating kites, helps get a better price if your used kites come
        with brand new lines and bar?!

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        Open 7 days
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
        Phone +61293157894

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2002
          You may be right steve
          the emails will tell, but good point
          i find that people email me on bar only purchases lately
          noone wants to pay large for a bar it seams ( i don't blame em )
          i haven't bought em yet i need more input
          i don't mind tying up money if i know that people need bars cheap
          i wil check the emails and make a decision after kiting and
          windsurfing in Aruba for 10 days leaving next weekend
          woooo hoooo
          i can't wait

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Ron Seydler
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2002
            If you shipped free internationally I'd take one or two...

            Ron

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2002
              If they were free I would take 100 and pay the shipping!! ;-)
              The Cabrinha bars retail here for between $89 and $95, the bullet proof
              Peter Lynn bars are $149, the latest versions have nice coloured winders so
              you can't mix the ends of the bar when unspinning.
              I think Greg Walsh made some for something like $30.
              I just don't think there is a big market for them, just curious Ron, why
              would you buy 2 spare bars, I know you already have them for the kites you
              fly?

              Cya and
              Goodwinds
              Steve McCormack
              http://www.kitepower.com.au
              mailto:sydney@...
              126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
              Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
              Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
              * If you shipped free internationally I'd take one or two...
              *
              * Ron
              *
              * --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
              * > Why tie up $5000 on an item that people rarely buy, remember each
              * inflato
              * > comes with one and a lot of foils do too.?
              * > I find people will buy a Longhorn (occasionally!) or some other
              * exotic bar
              * > if they get to try them, and then these people try to sell their
              * stock bar,
              * > which they find quite hard to do.
              * > I tell them to keep it and sell the bar when they sell the kite or
              * trade it
              * > in, same with lines, fly on the best like Q-Power, keep the stock
              * ones and
              * > sell when updating kites, helps get a better price if your used
              * kites come
              * > with brand new lines and bar?!
              * >
              * > my eamil: dan@k...
              * > i am trying every angle to bring the prices down on stuff for you
              * > riders
              * > i know what it is like to buy new equipment and almost keel over
              * from
              * > price shock
              * > Later
              * >
              * > Dan Sheridan
              * > www.kitesnowboarding.net
              * > Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
              * > North America's number 1 online
              * > gear shop for kitesnowboarders
              * > Kitesurfing gear too !!!
              * > Email: dan@k...
              * > Phone: 416 818 6787
              * >
              * >
              * >
              * > Support your local kitesurf association !
              * >
              * >
              * > <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...>>>
              * >
              * > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              * http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              *
              *
              * Support your local kitesurf association !
              *
              *
              * <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>
              *
              * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              *
              *
              * Support your local kitesurf association !
              *
              *
              * <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>
              *
              * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              *
              *
            • theflyingtinman
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
                --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesnowboarder" > here is the question and i would like honest answers
                > how much would you pay for these bars
                > i will take evryones answers and average the amounts out and see if
                > it is worth it for me

                Dan,

                Appreciate what you're doing but the truth is I would never buy a ready made bar. I got a bar with my first kte and since then I've made my own and will continue to do so; it's real easy to pick up lengths of aluminum (broken hangglider down-tubes) and fittings for next to nothing. I know not everyone's a cheap-ass DIY freak but you said you want everyone's opinion to average out; 'fraid you'll have to put a zero on your list for me.

                Steve T.
              • dixon76710
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
                  --- In kitesurf@y..., "kitesnowboarder" <kitesnowboarder@y...> wrote:
                  > here is the question and i would like honest answers
                  > how much would you pay for these bars
                  > i will take evryones answers and average the amounts out and see if
                  > it is worth it for me

                  4 Bars, 3 Naish and 1 Flysurfer for one RE-ride MARK