Re: Low End of Big TwinTip vs. Small Wakeboard

  • ptraykovski
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "igsmith" <igsmith@y...> wrote:
      > How much do people think a big twin tip (like a LWD 169/181 or F-One
      > 174) extends their bottom end range as compared with a 138-140cm
      > wakeboard of similar width (like a small custom board or LWD
      > Pitbull). Does the extra length/size really add significant low end?

      They are not similar widths? the LW Pitbull is about 15" wide, Most
      140's are 14" or so and the 169 is ~17" wide. I think the width makes
      a huge difference in low end performance. Rocker/outline is probably
      the next most important factor that detemines low end...and then
      length last. I found with a 15" wide board i needed 15-20 mph to have
      fun with my 11.8 ab kite, but with a 17" LW169 I was having fun (small
      to medium jumps, staying upwind) in 10-16 mph so a pretty big
      difference.