RE: [ksurf] Rhino 16 + 9.3 72KG 8knots-9m/s-Windforce 3

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
      Yeah 15/16knots and I am wanting a smaller kite too. The twelve would be
      best to step down to if the wind was 17 - 22, but I have used the 9.3 from
      15/16 knots up.
      Do you have a kite in between the 9.3 and the 16.0?

      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      mailto:sydney@...
      Open 7 days
      126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
      Phone +61293157894

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
        > Yeah 15/16knots and I am wanting a smaller kite too. The
        twelve would be
        > best to step down to if the wind was 17 - 22, but I have used
        the 9.3 from
        > 15/16 knots up.
        > Do you have a kite in between the 9.3 and the 16.0?

        Hate to say it but i got the 12 as well, also the 7 but I've only had
        enough wind to use it the once. But we got 30 knots forecast for
        at least the next three days so maybe it'll come out. Today was
        going off check out the carribean

        Fly high
        AirMan

        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au
        > mailto:sydney@k...
        > Open 7 days
        > Phone +61293157894

        8knots-9m/s-Windforce 3

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
          We have the same quiver!! I used the 7.5 last week, it took a bit of getting
          used to, did some absolutely out of control jumps, just managing to save my
          arse (read regain control of kite!!)before ploughing in. Decided it was not
          a good day or wind to try to learn spins!!
          Wind was 20 - 30+ knots with bullet gusts that would just pick me up a metre
          or so and let me back down a second later.

        • dutchkitesurfer
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002
            First: thanks for ythe quick answer. I'm getting a lot of useful
            info!!
            I can get almost any board, when I'm willing to travel or let it be
            send to me.

            On a german forum "http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de/" I asked the same
            question. A couple of advises came and told me to get a 150-160
            board and about 37-38 wide. So about the same.

            Because of these advices, I've allready decided to get a smaller
            board instead of an Olry 175.

            What specific board could you advice?
            I will be kitesurfing at sea a lot, so the board should also be
            excellent for smaller waves and still capable of going upwind
            because of strong currents.

            As I understand it's more about width and not length?
            What about a "Wipika Eclipse 159" or an "Underground TT 159". Also
            still to big? "LW 148 Pitbull" ?

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002
              I would be more inclined to the Underground 1.49TT or the Litewave pitbull,
              as I am familiar with them.
              We do not get a lot of the boards you can get over there.
              The Underground 1.59 might be a better option as it will have decent bottom
              end range, but if you can/prefer to sail well powered the 1.49 will suit the
              conditions you speak about.

              Cya and
              Goodwinds
              Steve McCormack
              http://www.kitepower.com.au
              mailto:sydney@...
              126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
              Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
              Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
              *
[...]
              * >