RE: [ksurf] Re: Handles on Wipika?!?!?!

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
      It is possible, but very uncomfortable, and severely restricts the wind
      range and general useability of the kite type.
      I tried bars at first having come from a heavily ingrained handle habit and
      hated them so much I kiteboarded for more than a year using Mossies and
      Blades on handles, but after 2 injuries directly related to foils and
      handles, I finally submitted to having to change to inflatos.
      While I was injured I got to watch a lot, this is what I noticed.
      Foil flyers were constantly changing kite sizes
      Foil, arc and c-quad flyers were constantly swimming in or being rescued,
      literally everyday.
      Inflato riders could stay out for hours with one kite, which re-launched 95%
      of the time, so they were always kiteboarding more than flyers of other
      types of kites, they learned quicker and were definitely having more fun!
      I would never go back to handles, although occasionally I would take a 9.0
      Blade out for a run, on handles, but now I have a 16.0 rhino, I much prefer
      to pump it up and use it!

      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      mailto:sydney@...
      126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
      Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
      Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic