[ksurf] Re: Wind Rage

  • Todd Snyder
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 26, 1999
      You should have kicked his ass or may be wrapped those lines around his
      friggin neck.I wish I was there I hate people like that they think they own
      the hole friggin ocean .I had some windsurfers and windsurfing shop owner
      give me shit and I told them that i'd ram this board right up there ass's if
      they got in my way. Yes I do windsurf I actually bought a board from the
      shop owner acouple of years back.

      Bad Ass Kitesurfer
      looking for a fight
      Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!

    • PeaceSurf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 27, 1999
        You live in the UK so you don't have to really worry about landing in jail
        for fighting----next time bash his face in and keep riding.
      • Michel Montmigny
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 27, 1999
          SAD story!

          Michel Montminy
          http://www.conceptair.com
          201 bld Tadoussac
          Canton-Tremblay, Qc
          G7H 5A8

        • pascal.vertanessian@fnca.credit-agricole
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 27, 1999
            Anybody using this wing for flysurf ?
            Any comments ?

            thanks
            pascal
          • Pat
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 27, 1999
              .....Uh, I am a little confused. Could you tell me more about the
              "PeaceSurf" part...
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 27, 1999
                I just got a 4.9 blade a couple of weeks ago after using a 5.0 & 8.5
                Wipica. The blade is really awesome. I think it develops as much
                power as the 8.5 in 10 to 12 mph (you can move it very fast) I've had
                it in 20 to 25 mph and it's very stable and controlable, with amazing
                jumping ability. (very good upwind also)

                I am using a 4 line set up which makes it easy to depower and control.
                I've gotten hooked on just flying the kite any chance I get it's so fun
                to fly.

                The down side is if the kite gets in the water you will most likely be
                swimmng, it's not designed to water relaunch.

                The way I see it now, I won't be using my 5.0 or 8.5 Wipica much except
                to teach people.
              • mike kaminskas
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 29, 1999
                  From: pascal.vertanessian@...-agricole.fr
                  <pascal.vertanessian@...-agricole.fr>
                  To: kitesurf@egroups.com <kitesurf@egroups.com>
                  Date: Friday, August 27, 1999 6:30 AM
                  Subject: [ksurf] flexifoil blade 4.9

                  >Anybody using this wing for flysurf ?
                  >Any comments ?
                  >
                  >thanks
                  >pascal

                  My brother and I call the flexifoil 4.9 the loaded shotgun (with the barrel
                  curved back toward you) if you try to sail it in to much wind because the
                  acelleration and lift is so great on this kite. This is an excellent kite
                  for up to 20 kts of wind and we use it with four lines. Also we call the
                  3.3 vresion of the blade the "flea" due to its great jumping ability in 20+
                  kts
                • pascal.vertanessian@fnca.credit-agricole
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 30, 1999
                    > >Anybody using this wing for flysurf ?
                    > >Any comments ?
                    > >
                    > My brother and I call the flexifoil 4.9 the loaded shotgun (with the
                    barrel
                    > curved back toward you) if you try to sail it in to much wind
                    because the
                    > acelleration and lift is so great on this kite. This is an
                    excellent kite
                    > for up to 20 kts of wind and we use it with four lines. Also we
                    call the
                    > 3.3 vresion of the blade the "flea" due to its great jumping ability
                    in 20+
                    > kts

                    I finally bought one last week, u're perfectly right...really a great
                    foil !
                    I just find that she doesn't like long lines or too hravy lines !
                    Do u bridle her in 2 lines for flysurfing ?

                    best regards
                    Pascal
                  • speleopower@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 30, 1999
                      speleopowe-@... wrote: I've used a blade 4.9 a couple of times.
                      The blade is a good kite. A little bit slow to react compared to a
                      Quadrifoil XL(which is 4.9meters also) but a sweet kite to kite surf
                      with. Try using 90-100feet of 275 or 300 pound for the main lines and
                      150 or 175 pound brake lines. That should solve your line problems.
                      Don't bother with setting it up for 2 lines you cause you lose to much
                      control. If you don't mind a non-water starting foil try a Quadrifoil
                      Q2000 series foil. They are inexpensive and almost as agile and
                      powerful as the Blade and Competition X-series but at a fraction of the
                      price.
                      good luck!
                      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=4684
                      > > >Anybody using this wing for flysurf ?
                      > > >Any comments ?
                      > > >
                      > > My brother and I call the flexifoil 4.9 the loaded shotgun (with the
                      > barrel
                      > > curved back toward you) if you try to sail it in to much wind
                      > because the
                      > > acelleration and lift is so great on this kite. This is an
                      > excellent kite
                      > > for up to 20 kts of wind and we use it with four lines. Also we
                      > call the
                      > > 3.3 vresion of the blade the "flea" due to its great jumping ability
                      > in 20+
                      > > kts
                      > >

                      > I finally bought one last week, u're perfectly right...really a great
                      > foil !
                      > I just find that she doesn't like long lines or too hravy lines !
                      > Do u bridle her in 2 lines for flysurfing ?
                      >
                      > best regards
                      > Pascal

                    • mike kaminskas
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 30, 1999
                        From: pascal.vertanessian@...-agricole.fr
                        <pascal.vertanessian@...-agricole.fr>
                        To: kitesurf@egroups.com <kitesurf@egroups.com>
                        Date: Monday, August 30, 1999 3:07 AM
                        Subject: [ksurf] Re: flexifoil blade 4.9

                        I use the 3.3 and 4.9, blade with a curved control bar with the brake lines
                        attached all the way at the end of the bar and the mains ajacent to my
                        harness line. With the curve in the bar, I can rotate the control bar to
                        put the brakes on the kite when launching and to slow the kite down while
                        sailing--this is also useful in ajusting the power the kite delivers in
                        puffs. The lines I use are 75 feert spectra gold (waxed) at 300# and 200#
                        weight for the brakes.

                        For the 7.2 I use a much bigger curved bar (with more curve) and 125 ft
                        lines (500/300 # weight) . . . since I also sail with a naish 9.0, I can
                        safely say that the 7.2 easily outsails the naish in light air--although the
                        naish is useable in windier conditions. The 4.9 is very comparable to a
                        wipika 6.5 in wind range.
                      • jquick1@hotmail.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 31, 1999
                          Mike,

                          Where did you get the curved control bar? I would be interested in
                          purcahsing one.

                          Thanks,
                          Jeff

                          jquick-@... wrote:
                          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=4713

> [...]
                        • mike kaminskas
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 31, 1999
                            From: jquick1@... <jquick1@...>
                            To: kitesurf@egroups.com <kitesurf@egroups.com>
                            Date: Tuesday, August 31, 1999 10:05 AM

                            >Mike,
                            >
                            >Where did you get the curved control bar? I would be interested in
                            >purcahsing one.
                            >
                            >Thanks,
                            >Jeff

                            Attached is a pic of the control bars I use. They are made with old
                            windsurfer booms. Obviously there is room for improvement in the curvature
                            and length that is used, but i am very happy with the way these are working.
                          • jquick1@hotmail.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 1, 1999
                              So these bars are used for 4 line kites??

                              Jeff

                              jquick-@... wrote:
                              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=4733

> [...]
                            • mike kaminskas
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 1, 1999
                                From: jquick1@... <jquick1@...>
                                To: kitesurf@egroups.com <kitesurf@egroups.com>
                                Date: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 9:56 AM

                                >So these bars are used for 4 line kites??

                                Yes, The brake lines are attached to the very ends of the bar and the power
                                lines are attached next to the harness lines. The orientation of the bar is
                                downward.